Why become a member? ×

Worth checking out

leschirons

I do not consider myself to be a gear snob in any way although I've tended to not bother with small, cheap, plastic multi-effects units as I always considered (wrongly) they were sort of the add-on to the first Christmas bass or guitar.

The other day, I picked up a Zoom 607 for £15.00 s/hand (with PSU) to enable me to practice with headphones rather than go out in the cold to my liitle room, fire up the rig, take a coffee over there etc etc.

Well, I have to admit I was wrong. I use what most would call good gear and always thought that stuff like this would never add anything to my sound. WRONG. I've found 6 great patches that needed no editing at all and stored them on the first bank. No amount of twiddling on my rig or bass can destroy the superb compressed slap sounds, the fake fretless sounds and the really cool Bernard Edwards type of groove sound. At £15, it's a great little thing. If you see one cheap, grap it. You'd pay that for the tuner alone and it allows me to not disturb the the wife and Coronation Street.

Sorry Mr Zoom, I was wrong.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='355988' date='Dec 16 2008, 02:15 PM']I had a B2 & I loved the sounds on it, but in reality I never used it live. That was because it had an annoying slight delay between playing & the sound actually happening, especially on the SWR & Marcus Miller settings. This was a real pity, as the sounds themselves were excellent.

Rich.[/quote]

A latency on a multi effects pedal? What settings were you using? Was is the B2 or the B2.1U?

Hazzah!! Join us!! I've been using a zoom 506mk1 since it came out and have one on each of my boards. I love them it just has 'my sounds' in. I've replaced it with a zoom 3000b a boss gt6b and a whole bundle of ebs pedals and always gone back to the zoom! I love it despite it being a tad noisy which I fix with a boss ls2 on my main board anfld hopefully a loop pedal soon on my travel board too.