Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

EB3

mybass

My second bass, this EB3 was meant to make me sound like Jack Bruce, hard to find in the day but it finally appeared in a weekly instruments for sale column...From the days of black n white from a Box Brownie camera....

My EB3 circa 1971 2.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

Rocking bass, but looks a bit lonely.

Yes it does look like that and it was. The days of one bass ownership only, struggling on apprentice wages to pay HP on a an amp head and mates building speaker cabs for me. Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end.

• 1 month later...

Mine was sold on to a shop in Shepherds Bush, London back in the 70s, looks like this colour too.I think I tried a Ricky but then went for a Gibson Les Paul Recording that I had a long scale neck fitted perfectly by Richard Knight guitars down Weybridge, Surrey way. That bass has a bass clef at the 12th fret......(anyone got it now?)....So, when and where did you get this one?

Approximately six years ago from a guy in manchester. One of the bridge anchor pins had shifted so i had that repaired and the electrics serviced plus fret level and polish. I considered going the whole hog and having the bass refinished but it has so much character i couldnt bring myself to do it. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...