RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Steinberger XM3..Now Sold !!
£899
Poole

contains all original ,and slightly tatty paraphernalia & original gig bag,  will give extra gig bag bought back from the amazon .

This vintage bass  is a great bass for fast picking style ..and metal😼

There is a slight wiring issue which may be from the replacement jack at the time . This causes the bass to eat batteries very quickly .Easy fix for someone technically minded.NOW FIXED by Absolute Music in Poole at cost .

The stickers on the battery cover will be removed  if required .

I have too many bases and only 2 hands , so something has to go.

Based in Poole Dorset . UK only preferred . Prefer collection in person . If you want it posted please arrange your own courier .

11EB2D58-6488-4D91-930A-DC8F24AF6925.jpeg

98F5E3FF-6D1B-4187-A589-E84CB87B0C07.jpeg

CBF926E1-83C0-4013-A7F4-E65DB271529B.jpeg

DBA1199E-9408-44CB-85C9-8507ECEBC0C0.jpeg

06E7488F-252B-4AF3-A441-F939A6B892EB.jpeg

F8635D93-C068-4611-BBAF-EFE32A626F58.jpeg

F614F138-A60C-454D-B183-F810887D8EBA.jpeg

42037EB1-5CCA-4611-BAD4-C2EF369A963C.jpeg

F63D8833-11E2-4977-9F62-B42DB780DFA4.jpeg

5992799B-1576-45B8-AD58-6B973445731E.jpeg

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Thank you Matbard . 

Headless are always marmite type basses. Having said that , they seem to have gone through a resurgence with the metal guys these days . 

These are also great basses for keeping friendly with the drummer in small venues 😼

MB1.

"I don't usually like tomatoes John,but this is delicious!"

• Haha 1

Sorry about delay mellow. 

The wiring issue was something on the circuitry. Cost £60+🙀 from absolute music in Poole . I have been playing it over and over since repair and it's a great bass. 

Still for sale reluctantly . I notice you're from(  st )angers which is not UK . This means PayPal( which is messy with fees etc)  and trying to find a box to ship in. I bought a Warwick bass from a nice French chap 2 years ago on basschat and paid various fees . Smooth transaction .just more costly than a UK purchase .something to bear in mind .

Apologies for confusion . Forgot to mention my location originally. Now updated 

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BTGAndy
      It's with a heavy heart I'm selling my beautiful, custom ACG 6-String bass. Specific details of this instrument can be found on the ACG website (https://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0270salceetype6/)
      I've owned this bass since new, having seen Alan's amazing work whilst attending the Moffat bass bash and knew I had to have one of his instruments. Unfortunately it's not getting played as much as it deserves so I feel it needs to find a new home.
      Body:
      Top Wood: Figured Maple with Faded Black Finish.
      Body Wood: Swamp Ash with Dirty Finish.
      Body Finish: Satin Lacquer
      Neck:
      Neck Wood: 5 piece Wenge/Bubinga
      Finger Board: Acrylic Impregnated Spalted Maple
      Scale: 34″
      Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer
      Hardware:
      Pickups: ACG FB Humbuckers
      Hardware: ETS Tuning/Bridge unit ACG Custom Headpiece  Schaller Straplocks,
      Pre-amp: ACG/East P-Retro with 4-way rotary pickup selector.
      £1600, I will consider a part ex (up to £600 value) for the right bass, I do however need at least £1000 cash out of the sale. New, this bass would cost £2795. It's in fantastic condition and comes with a heavily padded Fusion gig bag. Collection from Newcastle upon Tyne, I'd really rather not post but will meet buyers a reasonable distance from Newcastle to facilitate a sale.
      This ad is a relist of the original, I have recently moved house and needed to update my location.

• By Giacomo
      A rare thru neck ACG Headless Harlot 5
      A1 Immiculate, as new condition. So a new ACG for half the price.
      We’re talking exotic wood for days here: sycamore, Asian ebony, Wenge, flamed maple and swamp ash.
      It has grub screws for use with normal strings if that’s what you want.
      Just fitted a brand new GLOCKENKLANG stacked 3 band Preamp, made huge improvement on the sound vs the previous John East Eq01. Super transparent 
      To commission it would cost in region of £3,000, although I’ve heard that Alan doesn’t now make thru necks.
      Perfectly low action, blue fibre optic dots on the side of the neck (which I found a lot better for use on a dark stage than the brighter LEDs that are common) plays like a dream and has plenty of punch.
      The fretboard is zero radius and the neck is asymmetrical (slightly thinner on the G side and thicker at the E). Unorthodox but I’m never consciously aware of it and find it very comfy: the neck plays itself.

34-inch scale
      Swamp Ash body core
      Asian Ebony top/veneer.
      Thru 5 piece flame maple/wenge neck
      Acrylic Flame Sycamore neck – no dots
      Dual Action trussrod
      Carbon neck rods
      Blue LED via fiber-optic side dots
      Black hardware
      Hipshot Ultralite Tuners.
      Hipshot Type A bridge - 18mm spacing
      ACG String anchor
      RFB humbucker bridge pick-up with coil switching
      RFB Single coil neck pick-up

• By Bass_Man_Baz
      for sale or trade 
      Not getting the playing time that it deserves, excellent bass that’s super comfortable to play with its 30.5” scale length, suits E-C but I have it set up with heavy gauge hex core boomers and played lovely in B-G as well,

The preamp is amazing, so versatile and great as a studio tool to get loads of tones, passive bypass gives a great natural tone as well. 

Here are the specs.
      body wood is Alder
      top wood is Eucalyptus burl which is stunning
      neck is Wenge and Ash
      Fingerboard is ACG’s signature acrylic impregnated Wenge for superior stability with luminescent inlays which glow on a dark stage.
      Weight is 8.01lbs
      Bridge pickup is the Acg SB single coil and the neck is the Acg FB humbucker
      preamp is the ACG DFM 5k/AP which is the full dual filter modular with push pull mid boost for both pickups, passive/active switch with tone roll off pot as well. 
      Hipshot hardware. 

there is 1 small blemish on the back behind the lower horn I’ll include a picture. 

comes with the original semi Hard shell case.

I will ship at buyers risk, I would prefer collection or I’m happy to drive up to 100 miles to meet up.  

• By Raziellion
      Superb and rare Status S2 n°41 from the 80's, in very good condition for its age.
      The praise for this bass is well established, the legendary Status sound!
      It is a real collector's item with some marks on the gloss.
      Weight: 4.35 kg

Specifications:

- Carbon graphite/composite through-neck
      - Phenolic fingerboard, 24 fret
      - Scale length 34-inch scale
      - Total nut width 48mm (string spacing at nut 10mm)
      - String spacing at bridge 15mm
      - Walnut top, mahogany core
      - 2 x Status Hyperactive pickups
      - 3-band active EQ
      - Controls: Volume, Pick-Up Balance, Treble cut/boost, Bass cut/boost, active/passive switch
      - 2 x 9V battery in quick-release compartment to rear
      - Hard case
      - New Rotosound 66 Swing Bass 40 - 125 strings

Open to exchanges, I will study all proposals.

Musically

Seb

• By Cla
      I'm selling this amazing Steinberger XL2 bass.. serial number 3654.
      It was made in New York in 1986 .
      Both original gigbag and strap are included .