Why become a member? ×

Precision advice - don't read if you hate P basses

dmccombe7

9 hours ago, knicknack said:

@dmccombe7 Looks like you ended up ordering from Limelight after all! Just not one of his...

Yep Mark made me a great offer on the Sandberg and was very helpful. The other option was Thomann but i'd prefer to buy from UK. Had a few issues with Thomann couple yrs ago and you end up getting charges on your card when dealing abroad altho that may have changed these days as they do Paypal.

Dave

9 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

It’s dangerous Ricky, that’s what I did and 4 months later this arrived 😂

3B0A0AC8-4397-4F67-BE65-1BFA9A0F799C.jpeg

Oohh that's nice too. Maybe next year i might go for a Jazz style Sandberg. Had a listen to their Youtube clips and they sound great. Enjoy and have fun with it.

Dave

39 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Oohh that's nice too. Maybe next year i might go for a Jazz style Sandberg. Had a listen to their Youtube clips and they sound great. Enjoy and have fun with it.

Dave

They really are truly great instruments  Dave , this far exceeded my expectations and the eq allows for some serious low basslines, your welcome to come and try it if you’re ever in the east London area 🙂

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

They really are truly great instruments  Dave , this far exceeded my expectations and the eq allows for some serious low basslines, your welcome to come and try it if you’re ever in the east London area 🙂

Really appreciate the offer to try them but London a bit of a stretch but very nice of you to offer. Much appreciated.

That's what BC is all about. A great bunch of guys happy to share experiences and gear to help you out. Doesn't get much better than this.

Dave

• Like 1

@dmccombe7 it’s the options available.

The DK has the old Sandberg in-house pick ups which are very nice indeed, but newer versions I think have the Sandberg black label pick ups which are immense. If you notice the bridge pick up is slightly closer for that 70s ‘bite’

Jon Snow has Haüssel pick ups - a small operation in Germany doing fantastic pick ups, and they are very very beefy, so much so the neck solo’d Is about as close to a P as a jazz pick up will get IMO. This I have strung with flats to get that vibe and hence different from the DK.

Absolute joy

15 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

@dmccombe7 it’s the options available.

The DK has the old Sandberg in-house pick ups which are very nice indeed, but newer versions I think have the Sandberg black label pick ups which are immense. If you notice the bridge pick up is slightly closer for that 70s ‘bite’

Jon Snow has Haüssel pick ups - a small operation in Germany doing fantastic pick ups, and they are very very beefy, so much so the neck solo’d Is about as close to a P as a jazz pick up will get IMO. This I have strung with flats to get that vibe and hence different from the DK.

Absolute joy

I'm getting more and more GAS for a J style Sandberg as well. Big birthday next year so i reckon that's what i'll be persuading my wife to buy me. :laugh1:

Dave

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

They have their own brand, but i forgot to  get to the bottom of it.

People say they are like super steels.

Pop a question on the FB page - you may get an answer, or I may...

They have a FB page ?