Why become a member? ×

Went to Bass Direct this morning.

bubinga5

6 hours ago, Acebassmusic said:

Didn't get to Bass Direct this morning as it's a 954 mile round trip! :(….but by not going, it did save me a lot of money....lol :D I'm planning on going later in the year when I get down to Cambridge to see family...yeah!

I did the trip from Lanark area circa 600miles round trip and it was well worth it provided you have an idea of what you are looking for. I was looking for a good quality 5 stringer and had Sandberg, Spector kind of thing in mind but ended up trying 2 Dingwalls and came away with my NG2 which is simply gorgeous to play.

Think its worthwhile if there are plenty of items in the shop that might fit your budget but if you are very vague about the trip then you could be disappointed.

Know roughly what you want and take it from there. I'm pretty confident Mark will have a bass that fits your requirements. Just wish he was a bit closer altho i would be buying basses every other month probably so maybe he's better further away :laugh1:

• Like 1

On 02/03/2019 at 20:21, bubinga5 said:

I love the way people envisage people.. I do it too.

Yes.  You can get away with all sorts of stuff.

For instance; everyone thinks that the photo on the left is of my bearded face.  In fact it was taken immediately after I accidentally fell over into the tub in the bathroom where I keep my collection of spent belly button fluff.  In reality, I have a clean-shaven and cleft chin that closely resembles Anneka Rice's bottom during the eighties.

image.png.b3df5b8dc59b24e12b7e5b96c3ac6993.png

• Haha 1