Why become a member? ×

Lurker out of hiding

AM1

[quote name='AM1' post='348772' date='Dec 8 2008, 04:13 PM']Actually it really appeals to me just for the sick humour factor.

So, when someone walks up and says hey what type of bass is that? Just casually reply, a SPUNKY one.

Ha.[/quote]
That's the reason i went for it,well that and the vid i showed you.It was cheap enough to take a punt on and i'm now very happy I did.It's turned out to be an absolutely stellar buy.The tone is as good as in the vid and the build quality is top notch.Its kicked my MM sterling into second place for the moment.
Definitely a talking point when people see the headstock hehe.
here's my "Spunky" tale :)
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28002&hl=spunky"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...2&hl=spunky[/url]

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='348823' date='Dec 8 2008, 05:02 PM']That's the reason i went for it,well that and the vid i showed you.It was cheap enough to take a punt on and i'm now very happy I did.It's turned out to be an absolutely stellar buy.The tone is as good as in the vid and the build quality is top notch.Its kicked my MM sterling into second place for the moment.
Definitely a talking point when people see the headstock hehe.
here's my "Spunky" tale :)
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28002&hl=spunky"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...2&hl=spunky[/url][/quote]

Yes - the more I listen to the demo, the more I LOVE the tone. Wouldn't mind knowing the name of the song, but the vid doesn't say.

Did you buy yours new and if so, what did you pay? PM if that's better...

Also, what amp do you use with it?

Thanks for the constructive suggestion (though you know I'm going to always think of you as the spunky guy ha ha).

Cheers AM

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='348911' date='Dec 8 2008, 06:33 PM']Listening to Jamiroquai causes [b]me [/b]to go out and harm dolphins.

It's a classic case of the abused becoming the abuser.[/quote]

Listening to you is making me feel semi-suicidal :)

Right, now we've established you find Jamiroquai's music sub-optimal, what DO you like?

I can't wait for this :huh:

<snicker>

He like's The Stone Roses :huh: , thats it.

Anyways Anne-Marie answering your original question, as someone who's been lucky to have both a couple of Jazzes and a handful of Warwicks, I'd say if I had to choose I would go for a Warwick, because they just ooze character and IMO look amazing (Well besides the Katanas, Dolphins, Infities, Vampyre's, JHB Series, Strykers, Nobby's and corvettes ^_^) and one way or another do offer a variation of the classic Jazz tone which to me is more appealing, Thumb's and Streamer's (Stage 1 and 2) are by far 2 of the most used basses in production and are solid work horses for EVERY genre not just the classic stereotype of Metal and Funk, although they do work extremely well in those contexts.

The Jury is still out on wether a Stage 1 is as growly as a Jazz, it's all down to personal preference, I'd go for a Stage 1 because of the pick up configuration, the Precision p'up will give the mids more of a push and generally beef up the overall tone, whereas some Jazz basses lack that push and sound very nasal and brittle.

And also, Welcome Anne-Marie :).

Edited by Josh

[quote name='AM1' post='348971' date='Dec 8 2008, 07:54 PM']Listening to you is making me feel semi-suicidal :)

Right, now we've established you find Jamiroquai's music sub-optimal, what DO you like?

I can't wait for this :huh:

<snicker>[/quote]

I like walks in the country, red wine, cosy nights in, nights out, good conversation,the cinema and I love to laugh. WLTM a single non-smoker to share love and laughter with. No DSS.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='349090' date='Dec 8 2008, 09:29 PM']I like walks in the country, red wine, cosy nights in, nights out, good conversation,the cinema and I love to laugh. WLTM a single non-smoker to share love and laughter with. No DSS.[/quote]

Ah.

I'd like to tranpose this and offer my interpretation, if I may.

Walks in the country = Dogger/Cottager
Red Wine = Alcoholic
Cosy nights in = Broke
Nights out = Homeless

:)

Can't stop laughing now.

:huh:

Edited by AM1

[quote name='AM1' post='349116' date='Dec 8 2008, 09:45 PM']Ah.

I'd like to tranpose this and offer my interpretation, if I may.

Walks in the country = Dogger/Cottager
Red Wine = Alcoholic
Cosy nights in = Broke
Nights out = Homeless

:)

Can't stop laughing now.

:huh:[/quote]
This has all the makings of one of those complex love stories, aaaaahhhh bless

All together ....

"Where do I begin
To tell the story of how great a love can be
The sweet love story that is older than the sea
The simple truth about the love she brings to me
Where do I start

With her first hello
She gave new meaning to this empty world of mine
There'll never be another love, another time
She came into my life and made the living fine
She fills my heart

She fills my heart with very special things
With angels songs , with wild imaginings
She fills my soul with so much love
That everywhere I go Im never lonely
With you my love, who could be lonely
I reach for her hand-its always there

How long does it last
Can love be measured by the hours in a day
I have no answers now but this much I can say
I know I'll need her till the stars all burn away
And she'll be there"

Can I get in early and bagsy buying the Wedgwood tea pot for the big day?

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='349130' date='Dec 8 2008, 09:55 PM']This has all the makings of one of those complex love stories, aaaaahhhh bless[/quote]

Clarky

Low blow moment coming.......

Wait for it.....

Well.....

I DO set appallingly low standards and consistently fail to achieve them :) :huh: :huh:

Ouch! Painful low blow mode off. :huh:

[quote name='AM1' post='349138' date='Dec 8 2008, 10:01 PM']Clarky

Low blow moment coming.......

Wait for it.....

Well.....

I DO set appallingly low standards and consistently fail to achieve them :) :huh: :huh:

Ouch! Painful low blow mode off. :huh:[/quote]
So are you saying you would prefer the Le Creuset omelette pan?

[quote name='AM1' post='349146' date='Dec 8 2008, 10:07 PM']One was not referring to your choice of gift, but to your choice of groom :) :huh: :huh:[/quote]
BBC is considered highly eligible in some parts of Papua, New Guinea

PS, I'd go for the Fender too - versatile and if you don't like it you can sell it - try flogging a Warwick for what you paid for it (I have been burned like a number of BC'ers)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='AM1' post='349146' date='Dec 8 2008, 10:07 PM']One was not referring to your choice of gift, but to your choice of groom :) :huh: :huh:[/quote]

I'll have you know that within the TN postcode (and now the wider internet using bass playing community) I'm seen as a quite the catch.

I've even been described as being "like a young Fred West".

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='352353' date='Dec 12 2008, 02:36 AM']I note that he's changed the one liner under his picture, the sly dog.

Dibs for the toaster.[/quote]

I think the big chief would prefer a selection of Jamiroquai's finest :)

Ha. Ha. HAHAHAHA.