Why become a member? ×

Thanks Bass Direct!! MAJOR NBD (Sadowsky content)

Bassislife16

23 minutes ago, gjones said:

I bought a USA, 75 reissue, FSR, from Bass Direct. They really know how to set a bass up! It had the lowest action I've ever seen on a bass.

I have the feeling they could make an Argos own brand play like a Custom Shop.

This definitely plays and sounds better than anything I’ve seen in Argos!

• Haha 1

I’m putting down my deposit for a Satin in a couple weeks with Carl in NYC, so you probably have an idea of how pleased this thread makes me. The joy you describe when you played it first time made me so excited I may have done a little bit of wee. I’m just trying to choose a colour - Candy Apple, Fiesta Red or Burgundy Mist.

7 hours ago, ianrendall said:

I’m putting down my deposit for a Satin in a couple weeks with Carl in NYC, so you probably have an idea of how pleased this thread makes me. The joy you describe when you played it first time made me so excited I may have done a little bit of wee. I’m just trying to choose a colour - Candy Apple, Fiesta Red or Burgundy Mist.

Candy!

9 hours ago, ianrendall said:

I know if it was me I’d be going straight for the Burgundy Mist, trust me when I say you’ll be the happiest man alive!

Ive had so many basses over the years, Fodera, Alembic etc. Non have connected with me like this, to me, it resonates and plays better than anything else I’ve ever owned, plus it weighs next to nothing! 

3 hours ago, Bassislife16 said:

I know if it was me I’d be going straight for the Burgundy Mist, trust me when I say you’ll be the happiest man alive!

Ive had so many basses over the years, Fodera, Alembic etc. Non have connected with me like this, to me, it resonates and plays better than anything else I’ve ever owned, plus it weighs next to nothing! 

Is the headstock signed by Roger?

23 hours ago, ianrendall said:

Any colour as long as it has a matching headstock. 

No, really. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bassislife16 said:

No, I don’t think any of the Sadowsky Satin series are, it does however come with hand signed note from him

No headstock signing on my NYC either. I don't think that the headstock signatures are standard on Sadowskys, but I might be wrong. 

Stuart Spector signs all of the main US Spectors, must have sore wrists at this point. 

• 3 months later...

So I thought I’d add to this thread to say I visited Bass Direct again today and exchanged my lovely Status Matrix for this PJB BG400, cannot recommend Bass Direct enough. Lovely people and the service is always top notch & second to none! 

05D46C81-C3E5-4557-B33F-2C03C61A3BB3.jpeg