Why become a member? ×

Warwick 88 streamer .

blamelouis

Recently dug my old Warwick streamer out of the attic after using Status for the last couple of years and i have to say i was blown away !!
What a bass !
I have NEVER had to use a compressor on it the sound is so tight and i picked it up in the old bass centre in wapping for £800 in 1989 !!
And you can get any sound you want front pick up off, back on Jaco, front on back off, Bruce Foxtons precision sound,both pick ups on GREAT slap sound and Darryll jones FULL sound !!
Just had to share that with somebody !! :)

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='344315' date='Dec 3 2008, 04:33 PM']You had an '88 streamer [u]in the attic[/u] :)

Pics would be delightful.[/quote]
Must try and do that mate!
It is battered looking , i went down the road of Status the last few years (Kingbass,Series 2000,Fretless Energy) but the Warwick is excellent for any type of music!
Not that i'm slagging off Status !!!! But i'd just forgot how good that bass was!
Chuffed to bits!

Edited by blamelouis

I'm fairly partial to Wicks myself. I must have worked my way through their entire range by now and still the stage one streamer is by far the best. I'd love to get my hands on an all wenge neck job. Actually, what are the woods on this one. An early example like this might have a cherry body instead of maple. Nice :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='344418' date='Dec 3 2008, 05:27 PM']keep calm warwickhunt.....[/quote]

[quote name='blamelouis' post='344694' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:25 PM']sh*te camera but here goes .....

[url="http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/blamelouis/?action=view&current=DSCN1764.jpg"][/url]

[url="http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/blamelouis/?action=view&current=DSCN1775.jpg"][/url]

[url="http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/blamelouis/?action=view&current=DSCN1762.jpg"][/url][/quote]

That's just plain fugly... Far better off going back to your Status. I'll take it off your hands to save you having to look at it any more. :)

[quote name='josh3184' post='344741' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:49 PM']ahem, and what else is in that album?

[url="http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/blamelouis/?action=view&current=post-2591-1225279842.jpg"]http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/bla...-1225279842.jpg[/url]

?

:)[/quote]
Caught out !!LOL!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='344715' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:33 PM']That's just plain fugly... Far better off going back to your Status. I'll take it off your hands to save you having to look at it any more. :huh:[/quote]
Ugly ?
I think its very nice ! :)
Could do with cleaning the wood any ideas people ?

[quote name='blamelouis' post='346585' date='Dec 5 2008, 04:16 PM']Ugly ?
I think its very nice ! :huh:
Could do with cleaning the wood any ideas people ?[/quote]

I hope you realise my tongue was firmly in my cheek with that comment...

Cleaning ingrained dirt/sweat burns from a natural finish bass is 'virtually' impossible to do without stripping and hand sanding the whole bass. Were that my bass I'd have to way up the hours of work involved against whether it'd be worth just giving another wax and living with the mojo... leave it and just play it. Saying that if you sell it to me I'll clean it and post lots of lovely pics so that you can see what a thing of beauty it is :) awww cr*p that negotiating tactic didn't come out right! :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='346600' date='Dec 5 2008, 04:28 PM']I hope you realise my tongue was firmly in my cheek with that comment...

Cleaning ingrained dirt/sweat burns from a natural finish bass is 'virtually' impossible to do without stripping and hand sanding the whole bass. Were that my bass I'd have to way up the hours of work involved against whether it'd be worth just giving another wax and living with the mojo... leave it and just play it. Saying that if you sell it to me I'll clean it and post lots of lovely pics so that you can see what a thing of beauty it is :) awww cr*p that negotiating tactic didn't come out right! :huh:[/quote]

Cheers mate :huh: I think your right wax it and enjoy !!
I love that BLUE Streamer !!
I remember seeing Cass Lewis with Terence trent Darby on video years ago and he had a PINK thumb bass i think it was .
Looked the dogs danglies!!!

[quote name='blamelouis' post='347097' date='Dec 6 2008, 10:27 AM']Cheers mate :huh: I think your right wax it and enjoy !!
I love that BLUE Streamer !!
I remember seeing Cass Lewis with Terence trent Darby on video years ago and he had a PINK thumb bass i think it was .
Looked the dogs danglies!!![/quote]

The blue Streamer is with LukeFRC now (see his avatar posted earlier) and funnily enough that pink Cass Lewis bass sold on eBay earlier this year for not a lot of money AT ALL (in fact it sold for less than you would pay for a used 'cheap' BO Thumb :) )

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='344715' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:33 PM']That's just plain fugly... Far better off going back to your Status. I'll take it off your hands to save you having to look at it any more. :huh:[/quote]

Er... Remember that conversation we had a couple of months back where I was saying I'd never seen an older "racing stripe" Streamer that had the newer two-piece bridge, but I'd been looking for ages? If he sells this it's MINE! MINE I SAID!

[quote name='blamelouis' post='347097' date='Dec 6 2008, 10:27 AM']I remember seeing Cass Lewis with Terence trent Darby on video years ago and he had a PINK thumb bass i think it was .
Looked the dogs danglies!!![/quote]

Yeah I often wondered whether that bass would make me look as cool as Cass Lewis. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='347125' date='Dec 6 2008, 11:09 AM']The blue Streamer is with LukeFRC now (see his avatar posted earlier) and funnily enough that pink Cass Lewis bass sold on eBay earlier this year for not a lot of money AT ALL (in fact it sold for less than you would pay for a used 'cheap' BO Thumb :) )[/quote]
Oh lovely streamer that !
I would defo been after that Cass lewis bass !!!FFS!

Hi there!

Has anyone got any sense of the approximate resale value of this baby? It's a mint 1997 Streamer LX4, obviously the fretless model... I'm wondering whether or not to part with it and that piece of information might help... Thanks very much for any insight!

PS: I won't take suggestions like £ 50 or similar as reflecting an expert opinion! :)

[attachment=17058:IMG_0013.JPG]