Why become a member? ×

Hello!

Jay2U

Good evening, Jay, and ...

JziD0WZ.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share.

21 minutes ago, Jay2U said:

... Does anyone know?

Yes, use the 'Share' button just below the U-tube video, copy the link displayed and simply paste it into your post. The System will then embed it. Try it..?
Hope this helps. B|

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Good evening, Jay, and ...

JziD0WZ.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share.

Yes, use the 'Share' button just below the U-tube video, copy the link displayed and simply paste it into your post. The System will then embed it. Try it..?
Hope this helps. B|

I'm used to copy the address displayed in the browser. I'm gonna try straight away... and YES it works!

• 2 weeks later...

I still didn't properly introduce myself, so here we go.

I was born in 1960, in The Netherlands. My father was a multi-instrumentalist. As far as I remember he played organ, piano, violin, harmonica, trombone and accordion. In my teens I played keyboard, but nothing special. Later, in my early twenties I was responsible for a youth bar, where I organised quite a few gigs. In the early 80's we had a few punk bands playing at our venue. Every time I saw a band playing, I thought if I had to choose an instrument, it would be the bass.

Many years passed, without playing any instrument at all. At the age of 36 I became father. Eight years later my son wanted to play guitar, so I bought him a cheap acoustic guitar. A few years later he wanted an electric guitar and lessons. We went to a music store to buy him a guitar, a combo and some small stuff. There it happened! I saw many basses on display... 

At home I tried his guitar when he was asleep. I found out that I really wanted a bass. I didn't even know what GAS was, but I did experience a severe GAS-attack. So I bought my first bass, an Ibanez GSR200EX. I still have it. I modified it to accommodate B, E, A and D strings, plus I removed the pre-amp and optimised a few details.

In real life I'm responsible for a thermo-physical calibration and research lab. I'm living in the direct vicinity of the lowest place in The Netherlands. That's about it. B|

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jay2U said:

I still didn't properly introduce myself, so here we go.

I was born in 1960, in The Netherlands. My father was a multi-instrumentalist. As far as I remember he played organ, piano, violin, harmonica, trombone and accordion. In my teens I played keyboard, but nothing special. Later, in my early twenties I was responsible for a youth bar, where I organised quite a few gigs. In the early 80's we had a few punk bands playing at our venue. Every time I saw a band playing, I thought if I had to choose an instrument, it would be the bass.

Many years passed, without playing any instrument at all. At the age of 36 I became father. Eight years later my son wanted to play guitar, so I bought him a cheap acoustic guitar. A few years later he wanted an electric guitar and lessons. We went to a music store to buy him a guitar, a combo and some small stuff. There it happened! I saw many basses on display... 

At home I tried his guitar when he was asleep. I found out that I really wanted a bass. I didn't even know what GAS was, but I did experience a severe GAS-attack. So I bought my first bass, an Ibanez GSR200EX. I still have it. I modified it to accommodate B, E, A and D strings, plus I removed the pre-amp and optimised a few details.

In real life I'm responsible for a thermo-physical calibration and research lab. I'm living in the direct vicinity of the lowest place in The Netherlands. That's about it. B|

excellent and hiya

19 minutes ago, rollie 55 said:

hello but i see 2 guitars mmm

The guitars are my son's.One of those has been replaced by a Fender Strat since September 2017. I do play some guitar, and keyboard, however.

A few examples: