Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Trace Elliot 715 GP7 SMC 150W Combo
£95

discreet

*SOLD* Trace Elliot 715 GP7 SMC 150W Combo

Obviously, you know what this is. And given the quality of build, components and facilities available, this is a ridiculous bargain - especially given the condition, which is exceptionally good as you can see from the pics. This example has been standing in a recording studio for twenty years, has had very little use, and has been recently serviced. I really don't want to sell it, but even though it's ostensibly 'only' 150W RMS, it's still way too loud for my current band, a folk/Americana outfit. They play so quietly, it's ridiculous -  I have to have this combo at a lower volume level at gigs than I use at home! I need a much smaller, quieter amp. This combo can very easily keep up with a shed-building drummer and loud guitarists, don't let the power rating put you off - these are 'Trace Watts'. ;)

Everything works as you'd expect and it's complete, no missing knobs or buttons and no rips, tears or staining to the fabric covering. It has had a very easy life. This one's marked 'Clive Button' on the PCB and was made in 1997, making it pre-Gibson era. It has the very useful single-knob dual-band compressor and still has the original custom Celestion 15" driver fitted. Just £95 for a quick sale, cash on collection please. Or bank transfer then collection, it's up to you. It's a bit heavy for posting and in any case I had a negative experience sending a combo via courier recently, so I'm not doing that any more. I'm in SE London near the A205 South Circular, down Sydenham/Crystal Palace/Forest Hill way. I could probably get a lot more for it if I sold it on the Bay, but I just can't bring myself to deal with all the wasters and deadbeats...

If you've been dawdling and deliberating over a Trace combo, do yourself a favour, get in and get yourself a real bargain. :)

FRONT.jpg

FRONTLEFT.jpg

FRONTRIGHT.jpg

TUNING.jpg

GUTSONE.jpg

BACKLEFT.jpg

BACKRIGHT.jpg

HANDLE.jpg

TRANSFORMER.jpg

BUTTON.jpg

Now SOLD, I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, b7l4s said:

I'm in St. Neots - the Cambridgeshire town rather than the Cornwall one!

Well that's the closer one for sure, but as I drove quite a long way yesterday in the rain and wind to pick up another combo, I'm a bit reluctant to gird my loins and deliver this one to you - hope you don't mind. ;)

2 minutes ago, b7l4s said:

No worries - I've got plenty of Trace gear to keep me happy, this would just have been an early Christmas present to myself 🙂 GLWTS though... I can't see this hanging around for long!

Thanks, I need to shift it soon. It's mass is distorting the local space/time continuum. ;)

I suppose that compared to something like an Ampeg where just the head weighs in at over 80 pounds, it still is! I do like plenty of the class D, neo loaded light-as-a-feather gear, especially if I'm moving it... but there is still something intangibly wonderful about these rigs with a bit of 'heft'... and in this case it might not be light by modern standards (or any standards) but it's portable enough, and you can always put it on wheels 🙂

6 minutes ago, b7l4s said:

I suppose that compared to something like an Ampeg where just the head weighs in at over 80 pounds, it still is! I do like plenty of the class D, neo loaded light-as-a-feather gear, especially if I'm moving it... but there is still something intangibly wonderful about these rigs with a bit of 'heft'... and in this case it might not be light by modern standards (or any standards) but it's portable enough, and you can always put it on wheels 🙂

Yes, it's all relative - back in the day I rocked an Ampeg SVT CL with matching 8X10 in flight cases - and thought little of it. I was much younger, stronger and more stupid then though, and there were very few 'lightweight' rigs about. Also thought about fitting castors, but this combo is in such good condition I don't want to compromise it's 'originality'... one day a totally original, undamaged, unmolested Trace combo is going to be worth thousands! I'll probably be dead by then, but whatever...

Edited by discreet

An SVT and 8x10 + cases = real heft! I bet it sounded good though 🙂 At least you got to enjoy the benefit of youth and stupidity with a rig like that. I was still a skinny-string player when this Trace combo was new, blissfully ignorant of the pleasures of playing bass through a monster setup 😉

You're probably right about the casters - get a trolley instead 🙂 If these things are ever going to be worth serious money, then someone should get it while it's cheap - big hint to any other TE aficionados out there! And even if not, you'll have got something very good for very cheap...

35 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Are you trying to blow a hole in the space/time continuum??? Gain on 10!!

FRONTLEFT.jpg

That's where it needs to be with my passive Jazz! I rarely get the clip light even at full beans! Conversely, I have to have the Master at about 8 o'clock otherwise the foundations of the house start to tremble, a pit opens in the floor and hordes of Satan's bats fly up the chimney!