Why become a member? ×

Eich combos

wayne58

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone owns an Eich combo either the 500w pro or the standard 300w version?

I'm currently looking for a quality small rig for rehearsals, home use and occasional small gigs and deliberating/dithering over the above combos or a Barefaced super compact and small class D amp with aux in etc to enable home practice.

I currently own a supertwin which is great for gigs, hence my thoughts on the super compact option.

Any advice or info would be much appreciated.

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:10, wayne58 said:

Thanks chaps, I'm using a Sadowsky SA200 for gigs with the Barefaced supertwin. I have a Markbass LM3 which I use for rehearsals and backup.

Two very nice (and portable - especially the LM3) heads there. Any decent 1x12, or even 1x10 if you don't need to push the volume, cab ought to do nicely. Cheaper than buying a combo, too.

Edited by Dan Dare

Combo and separates both have their merits, obviously. Separates you have to connect everything up and you don't forget to bring the speaker lead etc.. I've had Eich gear in its' earlier guises (TechSoundsystems and Tecamp) for years and it's all been absolute quality.

33 minutes ago, wayne58 said:

)Thanks y'all

I'm leaning towards a Barefaced super compact at the moment, although cost wise they are about the same as a decent combo when you factor in covers and cloth grill.

True. I was in the same position as you - needing something compact for small jobs. I went shopping for combos, tried a few and liked the Markbass 1x12. I was about to buy one, when I saw the shop had a Phil Jones C4 cab on display, so out of curiosity, I asked to try it. It was considerably better - surprisingly so (to my ears at any rate) - than the MB (and that was driven by a little GK 200w head). It sounded even nicer when I got it home and plugged my AG700 into it. I bought it and have since sold my other cabs and got two more PJB cabs, so I can take as many as I need to get the volume required for a job. If you like your Super Twin, the advantage of getting a Super Compact is that you will get the BF house sound in a smaller package for lower volume situations. They do turn up used, so if you're not in a hurry, you may well find a nice one and save a bit.

Edited by Dan Dare

1 hour ago, wayne58 said:

Thanks y'all

I'm leaning towards a Barefaced super compact at the moment, although cost wise they are about the same as a decent combo when you factor in covers and cloth grill.

The one thing about the BF cabs is their light weight and I find that I would rather have a lightweight cab in one hand and a small amp in the other than a heavier combo in one hand. Of course I am lazt and use a small folding sack barrowlike THIS.

Even more helpful is some bungees.

barrow.jpg