Why become a member? ×

Short Scale Strings

Frank Blank

I have an Ibanez SRC 6 and it is strung with La Bella 767-6S strings, which I really like. I’d now like to put a similar set on my Squier Jaguar. Now I know I could just go look for  a similar set, of same gauge, short scale, same make but I always find asking on here usually brings a variety of results and opinions that are highly useful so any ideas, recommendations, thoughts?

I use Newtone Diamond Nickel round wound round core 50 - 110 gauge to very good effect on my ACG and HB short scales. Can also recommend their Platinum Nickel round wound on hexagonal core 45 - 105 gauge if you want a smoother less finger noise string for recording.

• Thanks 1

I use and would recommend TI Jazz flats, you will find that some of the string has to be wrapped around the tuner post but because they are so flexible this will not cause any issues. Tonally I just find them superior to any other string out there, articulate, decent sustain for flats, good mids, a little growl available too but they are definitely a flatwound in tone, none of this cobalt flatwound that sounds like a round nonsense.

• Thanks 1