Why become a member? ×

Hi from Bedfordshire

JackieJab

Hi all

33 year old living in Beds.

I’ve been learning for about nine months, been having lessons for six months and loving it! I love rock, punk, metal and a bit of prog but enjoy playing anything really. I’ve started to get into the blues, any recommendations for fast/hard bluesy bands much appreciated!

i’ve got a MIM P that I play through a Fender Rumble 150 and a few pedals: ODB-3, LMB-3, pitch black tuner and Berlinger BDI21. Stuck them all on my first pedalboard today.

Before getting lessons I played with a pick exclusively but i’ve since learned to play with my fingers and even prefer it now.

i’ve been lurking for a while but feel it’s time to get stuck in, seems like a friendly place to discuss all things bass! 

Cheers

Edited by JackieJab
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, JackieJab said:

recommendations for fast/hard bluesy bands much appreciated!

Have you listened to Rory Gallagher? Absolutely no connection to those knobs from Oasis. 

Loads on YT - here's your starter for free:

Tesco had "The Irish Tour" in their cheap CD bin for £5....I bought a copy leaving the vinyl copy safe in my record collection.

• Thanks 1