Why become a member? ×

Auditioning Fender amplification

wambamalubop

I'd like to audition a range of Fender amplification from the Rumble 500 head + 15 cab to the new  Rumble 800 stage. 

Googling about I couldn't find any/many stores that keep this kind of Bass amplification in stock,  the products mainly appear to be drop shipped. 

I am equidistant to Bristol/Birmingham/Cardiff and often travel up to London so any of those places would do, I'm guessing London is the best bet though.   

Anyone know of a suitable vendor?

Give Guitar Guitar in Camden a call. Their website is showing some Rumble gear in stock but they don't say which shop. They offered to ship some basses between their shops so I could try them, so maybe they would do the same with their Fender Rumble gear.

Edited by chris_b

I managed to try the 500 Rumble head and 115 cab yesterday at PMT in Bristol, the store was way huger than I expected. There was something wrong with the cab I think as there was a lot of distortion somewhere, but I got the sense that I didn't like the tone of the thing anyway.  It reminded me of the thin anaemic Fender combo I use for practice. Turning up the bass didn't really work, it just had more of the same tone I didn't like. 

On 27/06/2018 at 10:29, wambamalubop said:

I managed to try the 500 Rumble head and 115 cab yesterday at PMT in Bristol, the store was way huger than I expected. There was something wrong with the cab I think as there was a lot of distortion somewhere, but I got the sense that I didn't like the tone of the thing anyway.  It reminded me of the thin anaemic Fender combo I use for practice. Turning up the bass didn't really work, it just had more of the same tone I didn't like. 

Did you manage to try it with the 2x10 cab? That's what is in the V3 combos and I certainly wouldn't describe it as anaemic

42 minutes ago, Norris said:

Did you manage to try it with the 2x10 cab? That's what is in the V3 combos and I certainly wouldn't describe it as anaemic

Agree. The V3 2 x 10 combo isn`t lacking in bass. I did a pub gig last night and had the bass knob at about 1 o`clock and it was shaking the room. Until I was asked to turn down slightly.

Spoilsports.

Next time you try the Fender Rumble 500 head make sure you start with the Overdrive OFF. Start with everything flat, all EQ knobs at 12:00 o'clock. IMO the Rumble has quite a broad pallet of fine bass sounds on tap and you should be able to find something that pleases you.