Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Optimist.

obbm

I finally got £175 for my (much nicer IMHO) trace 15" 300W GP12SMX combo.  A sad day, but it was unusably heavy and loud for me.   A dealer from Hungary sent a man in a van, bearing an envelope of used tenners, to collect it.  No-one will pay for a broken back when you can put 300W in your back pocket these days.

If I had an infinite amount of space and money I'd be buying all the Trace gear that I could. I truly believed it is undervalued - mainly because of it's weight. When somebody designs a gadget that allows heavy things to weigh nothing I'll be quids in...

2 hours ago, NickA said:

I finally got £175 for my (much nicer IMHO) trace 15" 300W GP12SMX combo.  A sad day, but it was unusably heavy and loud for me.   A dealer from Hungary sent a man in a van, bearing an envelope of used tenners, to collect it.  No-one will pay for a broken back when you can put 300W in your back pocket these days.

Blimey - when did that sell ?

I'm after a 15" 300W GP12SMX combo, as its smaller than my TE 4x10 combo,  But naturally now i want one, there's none around

It was on here for months, then on Gumtree for two consecutive months.  It just had to go.  Must have been around the end of November I finally folded for a "just take it away" price.

Much as I love the clarity, accuracy and subtlety of my new PJB rig (flightcase and PB300), I do miss the shear THWACK of the trace ... and all the knobs and buttons too of course.  I think my Warwick sounded better through the Trace than it does through the PJB ... though for double bass there is NO CONTEST the PJB wins hands down.

A neighbour had a similar one, he took the amp out and uses it as a head with a couple of light Ashdown cabs - sounds pretty good. Half wish I'd done the same, but I can carry the double bass in one hand and the PJB flightcase in the other.

So yes indeed, if you only play electric and have a strong back .. BUY BUY BUY.