Why become a member? ×

Sire Marcus Miller v3 **SOLD**
£185

jezzaboy

****Now Sold****

As I am having issues with my left hand and am moving to using short scales, I have for sale only a Sire MM V3.

The bass is in as new condition. It has a few changes: a set of Gotoh vintage style reverse tuners and I have changed the original plastic knobs for black metal ones which imo make the bass look a whole lot better. The original tuners and knobs will be included in the sale. It has an almost new set of D`addario nickel strings fitted.The original strap buttons will be put back on. The bass weighs about 4.5 kg.

I believe that the pre amp is the same one fitted to it`s big brother which is amazing at the retail price never mind the price I`m looking for. No trades please and it`s collection only from Paisley where you can try it out or I`m willing to travel a bit to do a sale, just ask.

A cracking Jazz bass in great condition, a great per amp with passive option for £150 less than a decent Squire.

20180604_123915.jpg

20180604_123828.jpg

20180604_123838.jpg

20180604_123853.jpg

20180604_123748.jpg

20180512_115237.jpg

20180512_115217.jpg

Edited by jezzaboy

Just had the bass out for a check over and a play. Imo you cannot get a better bass for the retail price and as I am selling it for £50 less than retail plus it has a set of nice balanced tension strings that have done 1 gig and there isn`t a mark on it, it`s a bargain.

But I would say that wouldn`t I 😊. Please feel free to come and have a shot of it, tea and chocolate biccys, most likely kit kats, will be provided. (Other biccys are available, though not as tasty!). Or a drive to meet up somewhere is possible.

Specs

Body: Mahogany

Neck: Maple

Neck profile: C

Fretboard: Rosewood (Dalbergia latifolia)

Scale: 864 mm

20 Medium small frets

Nut width: 38 mm

Pickups: 2 Marcus Standard jazz bass single coils

Marcus Heritage-3 Electronics with Frequency Control, Volume / Tone (Dual Pot), Pickup Blender, Treble, Middle / Middle Frequency (Dual Pot), Bass Mini Toggle (Active / assive)

Colour: Antique white

Made by Sire

Edited by jezzaboy

On 11/06/2018 at 16:58, jezzaboy said:

The thing is, by the time you add in say £25 for postage and insurance, it ain`t such a good deal for either party.

Still a good deal IMO, those Gotohs aren't cheap (around a ton new) and the tuners are the main thing that people swap on Sires, the other being the knobs which you've also already done!

Great Scott! This is a LOT of bass for the money... *frantically searches down back of sofa, penny tray in car and looks for swear jar*

Edit: Just Googled where Paisley is. Dammit!! :(

Edited by discreet