Why become a member? ×

For Sale - Chowny SWB Pro - ***SOLD***
£650

Frank Blank

Chowny SWB Pro - £650 ***SOLD***

Brand new (as in picked up last Wednesday 23rd May) Chowny SWB Pro. Bass has had no more than 10-15 minutes play. Comes with the perfect fit Gator GC-ELEC-XL hard case as recommended by @Chownybass. This is a pristine bass, reason for moving on is I just don’t get on with it, also I’ve recently bought a Rob Allen Mouse 30 which seems to be my ideal bass. No trades, feel free to come and try it out. Just ask if you want more pics.

Edited by Frank Blank

I had one of these, custom  finish from "The Seer" album, basically  the same instrument,  I couldn't get  on with it either, it was too small, not enough to get hold of, curious.    We're  all different eh ?,  great sound though.

1 hour ago, MWH said:

I had one of these, custom  finish from "The Seer" album, basically  the same instrument,  I couldn't get  on with it either, it was too small, not enough to get hold of, curious.    We're  all different eh ?,  great sound though.

It is a great sound and I genuinely don’t know what it is that irks me, the size is, if anything, a shade big for me. It actually upsets me that I don’t see eye to eye with it because it’s lovely.

I've actually played this exact bass (only for a few minutes) and while the shorter scale isn't something I'm used to, it sounded big, clear and balanced, felt lovely to play and obviously is in mint condition! I have also played the amazing Rob Allen that Frank Black has replaced this with and I understand the reasons for the sale - they are very different sounding instruments, so it's not necessarily a case of 'better', just 'different'. 

I think the buyer who gets this will have an absolute bargain - brand new bass with quite a bit off list price!

6 hours ago, MWH said:

Out of interest,  what's the other bass you don't get on with in your rack ?   (when I grow up I'm going to  get a rack!)

I have a Fender Modern Player Jazz. The Modern Players didn’t come in a fretless version so I had a Fender MIM lined fretless neck fitted to it, it’s a gorgeous fretless but full scale so too big for me I had it for sale for £300 which is frankly ridiculous as the bass was £450 and the neck was £270, I even dropped the price to £270 so I was only covering the price of the neck, the rest of the bass was essentially free but still no one wanted it. Someone will buy it one day and realise what a bargain it is!

5 hours ago, Mike said:

I've actually played this exact bass (only for a few minutes) and while the shorter scale isn't something I'm used to, it sounded big, clear and balanced, felt lovely to play and obviously is in mint condition! I have also played the amazing Rob Allen that Frank Black has replaced this with and I understand the reasons for the sale - they are very different sounding instruments, so it's not necessarily a case of 'better', just 'different'. 

I think the buyer who gets this will have an absolute bargain - brand new bass with quite a bit off list price!

Heh, I think you’ve actually played it longer than I have!

Edited by Frank Blank