Why become a member? ×

My Lakland Skyline Decade - First Sighting

EssentialTension

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='336571' date='Nov 25 2008, 07:35 PM']I don't normally like laklands but that one looks pretty sweet. Congratulations!

Is that one of the electronic 'plek' setup machines in the background?[/quote]

Thanks. Yes, it is a PLEK machine. All Laklands are now PLEKed, even the Skylines.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='336593' date='Nov 25 2008, 08:18 PM']V Sweet, is that a DPLE3[/quote]

Well, it's what seven of us originally designed as the DPLE3 but it's no longer a limited edition as the guys at Lakland liked it so much it has become the standard Skyline Decade. I've heard that Lakland have orders in for over 120 already so it looks like it's going to be popular.

The original DPLE3 design was with an LH-3 preamp which is still available but I went for the passive partly to save money because although it was $2 to £1 when I originally ordered it it's now $1.50 to £1 which not only put the cost up but I'll get hit harder on customs duty too.

[quote name='the_house123' post='336596' date='Nov 25 2008, 08:21 PM']:huh: cheers matey thats machine is simply awesome, lakland continue to amaze me.
I might even check my Lakland in to get it PLEK'ed up. only $125 for the job, set up and new strings! Any idea when your bass will arrive?[/quote]

I don't have a definite date but as you can see from the pic it's close to ready and according to John at Lakland that is my bass not someone else's. :huh:

There have been all sorts of delays but I can't believe it's going to be much longer. Mind you it will probably sit in customs all over Christmas. :)

[quote name='thebeat' post='336798' date='Nov 25 2008, 11:47 PM']Now, that[i][b] is [/b][/i]nice...how much? :)[/quote]

Well, including customs duty, at $2 to the £ I think it was going to be about £830 including shipping but at $1.50 to the fallen £ it's looking more like close to £1000. :huh:

So, not cheap, but I think still cheaper than you'll actually be able to buy one in UK. Although I've not seen any UK/Euro dealers offering them on pre-order.

I hope I like it. :huh:

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='336864' date='Nov 26 2008, 12:46 AM']Well, including customs duty, at $2 to the £ I think it was going to be about £830 including shipping but at $1.50 to the fallen £ it's looking more like close to £1000. :huh:

So, not cheap, but I think still cheaper than you'll actually be able to buy one in UK. Although I've not seen any dealers offering them on pre-order.

I hope I like it. :huh:[/quote]

Ouch! looks very nice though...it's the only thing that's given me GAS lately...sort of glad you didn't say £700 quid or thereabouts...would have had to order one then :huh: maybe next year though :)

[quote name='thebeat' post='337243' date='Nov 26 2008, 01:52 PM']Ouch! looks very nice though...it's the only thing that's given me GAS lately...sort of glad you didn't say £700 quid or thereabouts...would have had to order one then :huh: maybe next year though :)[/quote]

My guess is that they are going to be somewhere around £1200, maybe £1300 retail in the UK. The cheapest way to get one will definitely be used from the US. If I'm correct that Lakland are going to sell a lot of these there will inevitably be some going up for sale in the coming months. US ebay is the place to look I think.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='337813' date='Nov 26 2008, 10:32 PM']That looks really nice! Both retro & individual at the same time. I was listening to the recordings of the new inhouse pickups on the Lakland site this morning. They sound excellent!

Rich.[/quote]

Thanks, Rich. Yes, I really like the retro looks with the Gibson bass colours but it is individual at the same time. And yes, the pickups sound good to me too, I'm very excited about it.

[url="http://lakland.com/ac_j-sonic.htm"]Hear the Chi-sonic pickups on a Joe Osborn[/url]