doonaboon

SOLD - Maruszczyk Elwood 5a
£800

DSC06784.thumb.JPG.767728ed22cb9aa49befd0e230c031a4.JPG

Excellent condition Maruszczyk Elwood 5a with the following specs:

Ash body in Red Satin finish (hard to capture in photo, it's a 'dark red') with matching headstock

21 Frets plus Zero fret, Rosewood fingerboard with blocks / binding, 34" scale with 19mm string spacing at bridge

Häussel JJ pickups, Delano 2-band active preamp (switchable via push-pull to passive mode)

Weight: 4.45kg (according to digital scales)

Bass has had a full setup from Jack's in Manchester, plays and sounds great.

Really great bass in cracking condition. Only selling as I don't play 5's that often (and my ACG is my go to) which means that this has been gathering dust of late.

Priced at £800 £750 including Hard Case and postage. No trade offers please!

NOW SOLD

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by doonaboon
sold
  • Like 1

Nice - very similar to mine, main difference being the fretboard wood.

• Thanks 1

I owned an Elwood exactly the same, but with a maple fretboard.(Wilco, i shouldn't have let it go now I think). :dash1: These instruments are the real deal. 

Edited by bubinga5

6 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

I owned an Elwood exactly the same, but with a maple fretboard.(Wilco, i shouldn't have let it go now I think). :dash1: These instruments are the real deal. 

Fair to say I have had absolutely no desire to move it on since I bought it from you Andrew!! I did change out the Bartolini's back to Delano's though as I needed a bit more 'bite' for the music I play.

I was so impressed by it, a few months later I bought another direct from Adrian!!

This is very, very tempting, I've just had some successful sales of other equipment, but I'm not sure if I need a third Maruszczyk 🤔. I think my missus would hit me around the head with it if I came home with another bass... 😅

• Like 1

A small update with some extra info (from PM questions) which I thought I'd share.

Strings are DR Fat Beams 45-125, barely played.

A quick sound sample to show how 'noiseless' the single coil pickups are on their own - this is a straight-up 'into an interface' recording in four parts with me changing settings between bits, all with flat EQ: Neck Active, Neck Passive, Bridge Active, Bridge Passive. Did this very quickly so playing is a bit rough and could use some compression but I think it shows the nice 'woody' resonant raw tone. Also, how quiet the switching and pots are... elwood1.mp3

And the included hard case is a Gator ABS job in brand new condition (still has barcode tag on handle!), see pics below:

20180514_105603.thumb.jpg.2039b9175c31a9e1758c60855b76d6fb.jpg20180514_105503.thumb.jpg.5a2eb5311ff8ef2728e6685bb73029c0.jpg

Any further q's, let me know!

Thanks,

Dan

A couple of PM enquiries but still here - price drop to £750 inc. Case and P&P if that helps.

£700 without case and collected from Nottingham is also an option.

I wish someone would hurry up and get this off the board... just the look of it makes me love my Elwood L5 less.>:(

• Haha 1

I'm thinking the exact same thing, NickD. It's really bothering me this being on here lol. I'll be glad when it has a buyer. Maruszczyk basses should be selling up like hot cakes. 

• Like 1

That is really lovely! Is the back pickup in the 70's position?

• Thanks 1

Thanks Lee!

Have just had a quick measure as I wasn't sure of pickup placement - the gap between pole piece centres is 3.8mm. Given that (I think) the measurement for '60's position' is 3.6mm and '70's position' is 4mm, that puts it smack in the middle I reckon. That does seem to tally with my experience of the passive tone of the bass (although I think it gets a bit academic once active EQ is involved IMO).

Here's a bit more noodling I recorded to help answer a PM question about B string definition and balance  (recorded straight with no compression, flat EQ, 50% blend of pickups). This should give some idea of the 'standard' tone of the bass: elwood2.mp3

Thanks,

Dan