Why become a member? ×

Disappearing posts

FinnDave

Question

I have several basses for sale, each has their own thread in the for sale section. Yesterday, both of the Precision basses vanished, I can't find them in the For Sale section nor can I find them under  'content I started'. Bother threads are a few weeks old and have been bumped regularly, both have responses, but another of them is visible anymore, at least not visible to me. Can someone who understands how this forum work please find them for me? 

21 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I can still only find my Precision bass for sale threads (two of them) by searching under my name, they do not come up when searching for 'Precision' in the for sale section, so I don't think many people are seeing them. Can something to be to restore their visibility, or would it be better to have them closed and start afresh?

Hm very strange, yes perhaps try posting one again and see if that works. Maybe they were posted whilst the site was being updated or something. Give it a go. DO you have a £20 sub? if not PM me and I'll sort you out.

I searched the 'for sale' section yesterday and went through pages of Precisions and couldn't find them. Until a couple of days ago, I could find them easily by going to 'content I started' and now they are not in that list. 

Edited by FinnDave

On 25/04/2018 at 16:52, charic said:

I can still only find my Precision bass for sale threads (two of them) by searching under my name, they do not come up when searching for 'Precision' in the for sale section, so I don't think many people are seeing them. Can something to be to restore their visibility, or would it be better to have them closed and start afresh?

6 minutes ago, ped said:

Hm very strange, yes perhaps try posting one again and see if that works. Maybe they were posted whilst the site was being updated or something. Give it a go. DO you have a £20 sub? if not PM me and I'll sort you out.

Yep, the subs are up to date and another bass I have advertised comes up, but not the fenders. I'll re-post them this evening, got to push on with learning material for next Grateful Dudes gig now before my daughters arrive for lunch!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinnDave said:

Yep, the subs are up to date and another bass I have advertised comes up, but not the fenders. I'll re-post them this evening, got to push on with learning material for next Grateful Dudes gig now before my daughters arrive for lunch!

Ok let me know how you get in and give me a shout when you’ve done them. Sorry about the problem, as I say it looks like they were posted during a database index or similar when we were moving servers

• Thanks 1

Just as a check, i searched for " precision " ( just one word )  and not " content started by Finndave "  in Basses for Sale and found this.

It's on page 5 of " precision "  searched pages

And then on page 7 of searched basses

8 hours ago, fleabag said:

Just as a check, i searched for " precision " ( just one word )  and not " content started by Finndave "  in Basses for Sale and found this.

It's on page 5 of " precision "  searched pages

And then on page 7 of searched basses

Well, either Discreet's  ghost theory is correct, or I'm going blind, because I couldn't see them there earlier. 

On balance, I think the ghost theory is complete b0ll0cks, so I'd better get back to the opticians!

46 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Well, either Discreet's  ghost theory is correct, or I'm going blind, because I couldn't see them there earlier. 

On balance, I think the ghost theory is complete b0ll0cks, so I'd better get back to the opticians!

Too much Hobgoblin?(you’re Witney, aren’t you?)

6 minutes ago, ped said:

Too much Hobgoblin?(you’re Witney, aren’t you?)

Yep, just outside Witney (Standlake). Don't drink a lot of Hobgoblin myself, but do have a  good selection of their T shirts.

Just now, FinnDave said:

Yep, just outside Witney (Standlake). Don't drink a lot of Hobgoblin myself, but do have a  good selection of their T shirts.

I grew up in Witney and had a friend who lived just behind the brewery. We were jamming in his living room when the explosion/fire happened, must have been about ten years ago, maybe more. They used to do this alcopop called Beetlejuice, it was lovely. 

I remember you saying you were from Witney, but haven't heard about the explosion, I've only lived here five years, since I moved back from Finland. I grew up in Oxford, so I'm fairly local.

• Like 1