Why become a member? ×

Recommendation Sought

sammybee

I was wondering if anyone could recommend an active PA speaker with a built in mixer that could take a bass, guitar and mic. Just looking for something to sit in the corner of our extension, that we could plug in for a jam/small parties. I really dont want to lug a bass rig and guitar combo out from our 2nd floor music room when we just want to jam for an hour or two.

My immediate thinking is that a good PA speaker and a separate small mixer sitting in a convenient to reach location will be much more practical than an all-in-one speaker with all connections and controls hidden at the rear of the speaker cabinet.

What’s your budget?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sammybee said:

It's a pretty specfic use case. I dont want separate units (I have no problem finding separates) for aesthetic reasons, hence the original question :)

Fair enough. A keyboard amp of some sort may well be your solution then as they tend to have the inputs and controls at the top or front rather than the back.

Are you talking a drum kit here? If not then the Yamaha Stagepas 300 might be suitable. The mixer is stored in the back of the speakers and you don't have to move it out of there if you don't want. Cheap used because the newer Stagepas 400 is louder.

I use one or two Behringer 1320D monitors plus a little Alto mixer for just this purpose but you'd probably find this a little too bulky.