Why become a member? ×

Status Graphite Electro [SOLD]

Steve_K

Selling my Electro. made by Status Graphite

4 string
Mahogany back, maple top
Piezo pickup in the bridge - though good slap sounds can be produced.
Semi-hollow bodied.
Very light.

Open to offers or trades - nothing Warwick, Fender or Fender-esque though.

Price-wise, I have seen the 5 string fretted version for sale in and around the £800 mark, I would be looking around £500 for this.

Edited by Steve_K

Well, quite a bight tone usually - I can get a good slap sound out of it with a bit of EQ on the amp end of things, roll back the tone and it's quite pounding - put on some nylon wrapped strings and it can sound more 'URB' though.

Not as versatile as the normal Status basses, but still got a good range of tones in it.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Steve_K' post='35781' date='Jul 23 2007, 01:13 AM']Well, quite a bight tone usually - I can get a good slap sound out of it with a bit of EQ on the amp end of things, roll back the tone and it's quite pounding - put on some nylon wrapped strings and it can sound more 'URB' though.

Not as versatile as the normal Status basses, but still got a good range of tones in it.[/quote]

I have the fretless five version of this bass and love it, particularly with nylon wound strings. While nothing (IMHO) is ever going to sound like a URB except a real URB, my electro makes a pretty nice substitute.

Steve's fretted 4 should be a nice sounding bass. Somebody go for it :)

I know this is going to be pretty vague, and i apologise if its an unanswerable question! But id guess with the Piezo you could get a really REALLY punchy sound? or am i just being steriotypical? I could do with something that just has nothing but punch as im playing a lot of drum and bass.

Thanks!

Ste

>> Matte_Black

Go on, you know you want to.

>> Ste_m3

Depends what you mean... For example, I get on better with the slap tone from this than I have from ANY Fender I've played, though if you want Mark King slap tone - get a King Bass.

[quote name='Steve_K' post='49292' date='Aug 23 2007, 02:16 AM']>> Matte_Black

Go on, you know you want to.
>> Ste_m3

Depends what you mean... For example, I get on better with the slap tone from this than I have from ANY Fender I've played, though if you want Mark King slap tone - get a King Bass.[/quote]

What it is with Status owners and slap bass? :)

[quote name='Matte_black' post='49796' date='Aug 23 2007, 08:37 PM']I always wanted to try an Electro... it's a shame I'll probably never see one around if I don't buy it. Oh well, it's pretty much what happens with every decent axe available on the market. :)
Steve, waiting for a shipping quote! :huh:[/quote]

I have an electro which I like hugely but which I may need to sell on to part finance a new custom built Roscoe four string I've got in the pipeline. I have a few theatre type "production" shows coming up in late September and I think my Electro will be perfect for a few of those numbers so I plan on keeping it until afterwards but keep in touch coz it's almost certain that I'll want to let it go after that.

Edit: Just read your post in context of whole thread - hope that you manage to arrange to get Steve's. Not trying to gazump him or highjack his thread. Apologies if I gave that impression.

cheers
scoop.

Edited by Scoop

[quote name='Scoop' post='49876' date='Aug 23 2007, 10:58 PM']I have an electro which I like hugely but which I may need to sell on to part finance a new custom built Roscoe four string I've got in the pipeline. I have a few theatre type "production" shows coming up in late September and I think my Electro will be perfect for a few of those numbers so I plan on keeping it until afterwards but keep in touch coz it's almost certain that I'll want to let it go after that.

Edit: Just read your post in context of whole thread - hope that you manage to arrange to get Steve's. Not trying to gazump him or highjack his thread. Apologies if I gave that impression.

cheers
scoop.[/quote]

Don't worry, I didn't see your post as a try to hijack the 3d. Maybe Steve will kill you, anyway :)

• 2 months later...