Why become a member? ×

Spector Zebop *****SOLD****

Chris2112

I am in need of urgent funds, so I'm making the executive decision to sell my beloved Spector Euro Rebop 4DLX EX. I bought it new for £550 in Preston this february, before the Spector price hike that now sees these basses selling for £1000. It really is a fantastic bass and has been babied. It is in mint condition with not a mark on it, and has not been modified or tampered with in any way.

I thought this bass would be with me for a long time but sadly, the opportunity to fulfill a lifelong dream of mine (again) has arisen, and I need some quick cash urgently. Suffice to say, it's worth selling my favourite bass for, the one that came out on top next to it's old sister, a Status Stealth bass! A fellow forum member who goes by the name of Joe had a go of it when he was buying a bass off me just a few weeks ago and he really liked it. It really is an excellent bass but I can't afford to hold onto it any longer!

Here are a few pictures:

[b]more available on request![/b]

This is a Spector Euro bass, with an alder back and a fantastically figured Zebrano top (thought the Zebrano top is 3/4 of the body thickness!). The Zebrano top adds a wonderful midrange presence to the sound, and it sits in the mix like an articulate jazz bass. It really is a fantastic bass, I can't say enough about it! But I'm sure the likes of Cetera and Joe will vouch for these being amazing!

As it is, Thomann will sell you one of these new for £940. I'm going to honour the old prices and as a special deal for the forum guys, I'll offer this to you for [b]£320 [/b]ONO with a gigbag. Available shipped too! However, it is still available for collection from my [b]Newcastle[/b] address for the base price of £320 for the bass and a gig bag!

Any questions, please PM me. I will also be happy to offer my phone number to interested parties who wish to have a chat about the bass and a sale.

Thanks for looking!

Chris

[b]EDIT: [size=5]This bass is now SOLD![/size][/b]

Edited by Chris2112

Last chance ladies, this one is now dropped to £320, if I can't shift it within a couple of days I'll keep it. Don't let your hesistance make you miss this fine bass! This is now a lot cheaper than a new Spector legend bass :)

Edited by Chris2112

[quote name='Chris2112' post='335240' date='Nov 24 2008, 12:38 AM']I think so. I don't think I have any more boxes...I'll have a look in the loft tomorrow but I think I'm fresh out.[/quote]

Give GuitarGuitar or Soundslive a call they'll probably be chuffed if you'd take some of their old cardboard away! Does it have a case? If not could a potential buyer not stump up the extra cash to reimburse you to buy a hardcase, @ less than £50 it would be a sound investment.

Oh now why did you have to go and give me such bad GAS this time in the morning
I want it ,... I need it, ....Its such a great deal,
What can I sell lol
If i can find some money this week Ill have it and drive to newcastle from london for it !

Okay guys, I can't get hold of a cardboard box to ship the bass in, but if you're willing to pay the cost for a hardcase and shipping, it is now available shipped anywhere in the UK. As I say, if you are willing to pay for the case and to arrange shipping this bass is available at it's asking price shipped.

Awww man..... can't believe you're getting rid of this beauty. :) I'd love it... but I, quite obviously, don't NEED it.... :huh:

People, this is a bargain..... and a beauty of a bass. You won't get a new one for much under £1000 now so don't let this bargain get away!

Thanks for the endorsement Cetera, given that you're a bit of a Spector afficionado, it carries a lot of weight!

Anyone interested, PM me with your phone number and I'll ring you and we'll have a chat. Given that the sale of this bass is no longer urgent but still preferable, I'm willing to hang onto it for a while if a prospective buyer needs to raise cash/get a paycheque etc etc. All circumstances considered! :)

Edited by Chris2112

Yes, I do prefer this one to the Stealth! Obviously I miss the Stealth but this is better for me in a number of ways. It's lighter, and takes well to being worn high (which is how I like it). Obviously they're both amazing basses, but I find the neck of the Spector more comfortable (a "C" Profile versus a very pronounced and flat "D" shape). The main problem I had with the Stealth was the fact it was a 6 string. After I got the Spector, it just wasn't getting much of a look in, and I couldn't afford at the time to have £750 of bass sitting in my room for whevener I might need a 6 string! As it happens, I've just got back into the Status fold (more on that later) with a 4 string, which is much more "my thing", but I'd have the Stealth back in a second, it was an amazing bass!

Also, all PM's replied to. Thanks again to the guys who have offered trades, you've got some lovely basses there, but now that I've got to pay off a Status Graphite bass and a trip to Greece next year, funds are a bit tight! As it happens though, someone is going to get an amazing bass for a steal of a price. A new Squier is only a few quid cheaper, and they are worlds apart in terms of quality! (and I love Squier basses, I've had 2!)

Believe me, there will be copious amounts of pictures! It's "natural" at the minute with a lovely walnut body, but in a couple of years I might see if Rob will refinish it in the opaque bright yellow colour he used to do, aka the Curtis Custard colour! And of course at some point there will be more Spector basses...although maybe not for a while since the prices recently went up so much!

Edited by Chris2112

Lots of interest so far so, so this should be of benefit.

There are several guys interested in this bass (thanks for the interest and the PM's guys!) some who are willing to collect, some who are willing to pay for a hardcase and arrange postage. While I am giving some weight to the chronological order in which I have received PM's from interested parties, I should note that I'm waiting to hear from a couple of guys who are trying to arrange to collect the bass. Obviously, sale by collection is easier for me but if someone meets my asking price for the bass and a case and is willing to arrange a courier, I will be happy to go down that route. I say this because I've had a couple of offers slightly below my asking price for the bass+hardcase. I've really slashed the price down on this bass and it's a fantastic deal as it is.

So like I say, thanks for all the interest guys, the sale is still wide open! Parties who are arranging collection, it would be great if you could all get back to me and let me know whats happening. Obviously, if more than one person confirms that they can come and get it and give me a prospective time and date for collection, then I will have to sell the bass to the first person to confirm in the interests of fairness!

Thanks again for looking guys! I'm getting a real last good go on this bass now before it goes, with the preamp set flat it growls like an angry dog, and I've never had another bass that did that! It also has an amazing tone when you play it with a pick, I kinda regret not doing that more when I've been in my Anthony Jackson moods!