Why become a member? ×

Fender jazz maple neck Japan SOLD!
£200

Hi guys, 

I’ve sold my jazz bass and have this neck left. Bought it off here used last year for £200 and that’s what I’m after. Hardly ever played by me and it has been checked by a luthier. 

It is unloaded - as I bought it  

Attaching photos to show the screw holes. I think it’s originally been drilled for a 4 bolt neck, but I had it on my 3 bolt micro tilt bass with no issues at all and my luthier confirmed it’s rock solid. On my one the tilt system couldn’t be used in that case but might work on a different socket. 

Based in west London, collection or I could drop it off on some of my travels. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Steff

1 hour ago, ash said:

Do you know if the vintage Kluson  type reverse tuners would fit on it? 

If the keys that were originally on there were the Gotoh FB(?) type which was usual for Japanese Fenders (and it certainly looks like they were the type looking at the imprint on the headstock) then the Gotoh Kluson types will fit on as I've had them on a few of my CIJ basses. You will need to fill those holes first though as the screw holes on the Klusion plates are in a different position. 

Edited by dood

Thanks for the info mate, unfortunately I bought the neck unloaded and have no idea what tuners were on it originally. 

The only thing I know for sure is that the tuners from my original ‘76 rosewood neck did fit perfectly, and the screw holes were matching. 

10 hours ago, Steff said:

Thanks for the info mate, unfortunately I bought the neck unloaded and have no idea what tuners were on it originally. 

The only thing I know for sure is that the tuners from my original ‘76 rosewood neck did fit perfectly, and the screw holes were matching. 

Yeah, I think in that case the Klusons will fit but the holes will need to be taken in to consideration. I think the plates could hide the holes though, I can't remember!

• 2 weeks later...