Why become a member? ×

How much would a used Markbass F1 be worth?

thedontcarebear

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='333747' date='Nov 21 2008, 12:02 PM']If I was to tell my F1, how much should it be worth in top condition? Cheapest new seems to be £712 from bass merchant etc.[/quote]

If the price were right, I'd be interested in buying it. However, if £700 is the cheapest a new one can be grabbed, then it looks like the price of them has gone up!

Just after I bought mine I saw a second hand one on gumtree for 300 quid! honestly! - but to be fair, it did look a bit worn! I still would have bought it.. but not surprisingly it was sold shortly after advertising.

So, if it is holding it's value.. and I know you have had yours a reasonably short time, it should hold it's value.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='333747' date='Nov 21 2008, 12:02 PM']If I was to tell my F1, how much should it be worth in top condition? Cheapest new seems to be £712 from bass merchant etc.[/quote]

I would say around £500 but thats just my opinion based on other things I have seen for sale. I guess you could get more (or less) for it but if I was selling it I would start it at £500.

Steve

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='335325' date='Nov 24 2008, 10:18 AM']Just needed to know in case I need some cash in the future with this job evaluation thing happening around the country to council employees, would probably sell and get one of those cheap Hartke if I run into harder times![/quote]

Ah job evaluation - aka - trying to find an excuse to pay you less money

Hope it goes ok

i saw one recently on some uk retailer website going for £590 - although there was only 1 going at that price, and it looks like it has gone.

i suspect that the price of the F1 will drop once the F500 is more widely available.

interestingly you can buy the F1 for $750 [url="http://www.guitarcenter.com/Markbass-F1-500W-Bass-Amp-Head-104394127-i1395916.gc"]in the US[/url], about £500 at the current exchange rate. Now, I wish I'd picked one up when I was in NY a few months ago and the exchange rate was almost $2 in the pound. at the moment, once you've paid for shipping and taxes, there probably wouldn't be much in it.