Why become a member? ×

Preamps for sale

I took these out of my basses today and wired the volumes straight to the jack. I never used the preamps, always left my basses flat and used the amp/desk EQ, and since buying my 400+ I'm deciding that the purer the signal path, the better I sound. So these are up for cheap.

The tonepump is a boost-only bass + treble circuit with a voltage doubler in to give you the headroom of an 18V system but with 1x9V battery. It's modelled on the Aguilar OBP-1 but is a bit hotter. Tonally I don't think it's quite as aggressive as the OBP-1 though. Comes with 4 Spector-style plastic knobs with white dots on top.

The EMG BTS is the former standard preamp from the Korean and Czech Spectors. This is the control, so it's a bass + treble control on seperate pots. This is the proper BTS and not the budget B32 found in ESP basses. It's 10dB boost/cut of bass, 12dB boost/cut treble, and has 4 settings for the treble control that are controlled via the jumpers on the circuit board. I've got it set at 2.1kHz but you can also do 3.5kHz, 4.5kHz and 7kHz. Being EMG it's powerful and clean, great for slap stuff. Comes with 4 chrome knobs with highly figured abalone caps. SOLD!

£25 each inc shipping. I've got wiring instructions for both.

Edited by Dan_Nailed

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='333324' date='Nov 20 2008, 06:50 PM']I took these out of my basses today and wired the volumes straight to the jack. I never used the preamps, always left my basses flat and used the amp/desk EQ, and since buying my 400+ I'm deciding that the purer the signal path, the better I sound. So these are up for cheap.

The tonepump is a boost-only bass + treble circuit with a voltage doubler in to give you the headroom of an 18V system but with 1x9V battery. It's modelled on the Aguilar OBP-1 but is a bit hotter. Tonally I don't think it's quite as aggressive as the OBP-1 though. Comes with 4 Spector-style plastic knobs with white dots on top.

The EMG BTS is the former standard preamp from the Korean and Czech Spectors. This is the control, so it's a bass + treble control on seperate pots. This is the proper BTS and not the budget B32 found in ESP basses. It's 10dB boost/cut of bass, 12dB boost/cut treble, and has 4 settings for the treble control that are controlled via the jumpers on the circuit board. I've got it set at 2.1kHz but you can also do 3.5kHz, 4.5kHz and 7kHz. Being EMG it's powerful and clean, great for slap stuff. Comes with 4 chrome knobs with highly figured abalone caps.

£25 each inc shipping. I've got wiring instructions for both.[/quote]

I'll take the BTS circuit please! PM sent...

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='334909' date='Nov 23 2008, 02:22 PM']Is the tonepump vol, blend, bass, treble?
Lookin for a drop in curcuit for my jazz[/quote]

It's 2 seperate volume controls, bass and treble, IMO more useful than a blend control.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='334909' date='Nov 23 2008, 02:22 PM']Is the tonepump vol, blend, bass, treble?
Lookin for a drop in curcuit for my jazz[/quote]

This is just a bass and treble control as the volumes ar still in my bass, use whatever volume/blend you like with it. You stick the preamp in, solder 4 wires and you're away!

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='335261' date='Nov 24 2008, 04:05 AM']This is just a bass and treble control as the volumes ar still in my bass, use whatever volume/blend you like with it. You stick the preamp in, solder 4 wires and you're away![/quote]

Tonepump sold pending payment!

• 2 months later...