Why become a member? Read more... ×
JBP

NBD Corvette $$ Ltd

Less than 24hrs after spotting this in the for sale section of the forum, I had this little baby hanging on the wall in my studio and a massive smile on my face. I have to say a big thanks to @Kev for being the easiest guy in he world to deal with, a quick drive about a third of the way across the country and a late night meet up at a very dark motorway services I was on my way home with my new toy.

I have been playing Warwicks pretty much exclusively for the last 20 years and had a $$ for a few months last year but I thought it lacked a bit of individuality and a  little something tone wise, but a very nice, very versatile bass, but it got moved on in the end.

This thing however is a totally different beast. Firstly the tiger wood top and  swamp ash body look beautiful. This bass is No30 of a limited run of 85 made in 2010 and within that 85 only a small No. were made with this specific hardware. Instead on the standard two MEC humbuckers it  has two Bartolini humbuckers and a 3 band  MEC preamp as opposed to the normal 2 band found on a $$. This combination makes this thing sing, being able to push the mids really brings it alive compared to my experience with the standard $$. Suffice to say I am very very happy with it and will stop gushing and show you some pics.

@Kev I dont know what you were thinking parting with this, but thanks again for making it so easy... and you cant have it back :biggrin:

20180213_111600.jpg

20180213_111609.jpg

20180213_111617.jpg

20180213_111639.jpg

20180213_111652.jpg

Edited by JBP
  • Like 4

Glad you like it mate, its not quit like any other Warwick I have had, and I don't think Iv heard one sound better!

• Thanks 1

I too hanker after a $$, but I do like the shiny pole pieces, and it'd have to be a 5 and in a nice shiny colour.

Still - that is mighty fine wood.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By samcrabtree00
      Now - £750    £695  £650   *Has been professionally set up by my luthier recently which I have receipt for*
      German Made Warwick Corvette Std (2008)
      - Bubinga Body
      - Active Electronics
      - Excellent Condition 
      I'm interested in trades as I currently own 2 Warwicks and will be keeping my SSII.
      Mostly looking for a good quality 5 String Jazz Bass (Fender, Sandberg etc) but interested in whats out there. Shoot me over a PM! 🙂
      I'm based in South Bedfordshire. 

• By thommydonuts
      For sale

German made Warwick FNA Jazzman 4 string with hardcase.
      Strap and strap locks included.
      Made in 2002, this is a lovely playing lightweight bass that I have owned since new.
      This is a reluctant sale, but it just isn’t getting the use it deserves.

As can be seen in the photos the body shows signs some signs of wear, the worst of which is some belt buckle rash on the back of the bass. I’ve tried to include as much of this in the photos as possible.
      The neck is in really good condition and the bass plays and rings out nicely.
      Pickup/ inspection is possible in the Thanet area of Kent.

No trades please.

Serial number:
      H09456102
      Article number:
      1324360100GDAFMOWW
      produced:
      2002-09-10
      Description:
      Corvette FNA, 4-string
      Burgundy Red Oil finish
      Swamp Ash / A Flamed Maple top body
      Ovangkol neck
      Gold hardware

Made in Germany

• By Simonsbass
      Warwick custom shop masterbuilt Stu Hamm signature Satin red metallic
      Absolutely mint condition, fully flight cased with all case goodies
      Weight is 9lbs exactly
      Collection from Brighton or shipped at buyers expense
      Video of this very bass here:
      REDUCED £1800 

• By charlie_groove
      Hello guys, I’m selling this piece of beauty. Warwick build this bass specially for me under my specification. It’s a unique bass with a powerful sound and has performed great at higher pro levels. 
      Here you can watch a video-demo that I arranged for it so you can check her capabilities. It’s a very versatile bass and by the way, it’s a gorgeous finish!!!
      It has an scratch on the side because of the screws of the strap (see the pic), otherwise is perfect. I later installed an Aguilar OBP-2 preamp and EMG active pickups, a combination that I like a lot and that suits this bass perfectly. 
      In this link you can check the specifications that Warwick used to build this bass: http://www.warwick.de/en/Warwick---Products--Instruments--Customshop---Masterbuilt--Basic-Bass-Models--Streamer--Streamer-Stage-I--Streamer-Stage-I-4-String--Streamer-Stage-I---14-2734--4-string--Pictures.html
      I told the guys on the Custom Shop to build after this customizations: 
      * Ying-Yang inlays
      * D-Tuner
      * P style inverted pickups (as an a regular P bass, more room for slap pluck)
      * Ocean Blue Oil Finish
      In this video I play it, and besides it’s a “fake live”, the bass on the audio track is exactly this. In fact, I recorded several of the Powafunk album tracks with her. 

The instrument is located in Barcelona. Price doesn’t include shipping. 
      The price of this bass is unbeatable and right now I'm not thinking on trading it, unless someone consider trading a USA MTD 535-24 or 534-24 plus money from my side.
      Payment through PayPal or cash if I meet you in person.
      Thanks and see you around!