Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

New: Sign up and get 20% off tickets for the London Bass Guitar Show - and we'll see you there!

JBP

NBD Corvette $$ Ltd

Less than 24hrs after spotting this in the for sale section of the forum, I had this little baby hanging on the wall in my studio and a massive smile on my face. I have to say a big thanks to @Kev for being the easiest guy in he world to deal with, a quick drive about a third of the way across the country and a late night meet up at a very dark motorway services I was on my way home with my new toy.

I have been playing Warwicks pretty much exclusively for the last 20 years and had a $$ for a few months last year but I thought it lacked a bit of individuality and a  little something tone wise, but a very nice, very versatile bass, but it got moved on in the end.

This thing however is a totally different beast. Firstly the tiger wood top and  swamp ash body look beautiful. This bass is No30 of a limited run of 85 made in 2010 and within that 85 only a small No. were made with this specific hardware. Instead on the standard two MEC humbuckers it  has two Bartolini humbuckers and a 3 band  MEC preamp as opposed to the normal 2 band found on a $$. This combination makes this thing sing, being able to push the mids really brings it alive compared to my experience with the standard $$. Suffice to say I am very very happy with it and will stop gushing and show you some pics.

@Kev I dont know what you were thinking parting with this, but thanks again for making it so easy... and you cant have it back :biggrin:

20180213_111600.jpg

20180213_111609.jpg

20180213_111617.jpg

20180213_111639.jpg

20180213_111652.jpg

Edited by JBP
  • Like 4

Glad you like it mate, its not quit like any other Warwick I have had, and I don't think Iv heard one sound better!

• Thanks 1

I too hanker after a $$, but I do like the shiny pole pieces, and it'd have to be a 5 and in a nice shiny colour.

Still - that is mighty fine wood.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dyerseve
      Shipping is £17.50 withing mainland UK. £37.50 within most of the EU.
      Price now dropped to £1295!
      For sale is a very rare beast of a bass.  Hand built in Germany in 1999 this is a Warwick Thumb Bolt On 6 Broad Neck. 

This very rare ‘broad-neck’ model features wider 20mm string spacings making it ideal for slap style playing. This broad neck option alone is a 600Euro extra to order from Warwick. This bass also features the solid brass, 2 piece, '3D' Warwick bridge which on its own is nearly 600 Euro to buy from the Warwick shop. This bridge itself weighs in at just under 1kg and adds stunning clarity and sustain to the already incredible tone of this instrument. The total retail for a new  bass of this spec is 4929 Euro!
      Included in the sale is a used but very good condition Warwick Rockcase flight case to protect this beauty during shipping - world-wide shipping is available. I will add additional packaging within the case as well as wrap the case securely to protect it as well.
      I will only ship using a fully tracked and insured service for everyone's piece of mind.

The bass is in superb condition for its 19 years of age, as can be seen within the pictures. Of course it has been played a lot in those 19 years and not just hung on a wall so there is some normal play wear and a couple small dings the most noticeable of which I will detail here for the sake of transparency:
      Some of the black finish on the bridge and other hardware has started to fade;
      There’s some minor thumb wear around the neck pickup area;
      There are two very small chips:
      One at the very edge of the bottom (C string) side of the fretboard. This chip can be noticed when playing but is nice and smooth underhand so no need to worry about snagging on it;
      The other chip is on the very end of fretboard again on the c sting side but it's after the 24th fret so purely cosmetic -
      both chips are unnoticeable without very close inspection;
      There is a small scratch on the back of one of the tuners and some of the finish has come off one of the washers on the front side of the tuner.

There is little fret-wear, since these are the Warwick super-tough bell-brass jumbo frets. I would say they are at 80%.

All tuners and knobs function smoothly.
      The electronics are perfect and the pots operate without any crackling or noise.
      The truss rod is a little tight(not surprising considering the size of the neck) but functions perfectly(both directions). The relief is currently set to 0.15" or 0.381mm. The action is very low but without buzz. The bass has been cleaned and professionally setup. The fretboard has been cleaned and oiled, frets polished, nut polished and the bass has been freshly waxed with Warwick wax.

Specs are as follows:

Body/neck wood: Ovangkol
      Fingerboard wood: Wenge
      Weight: 5.85kg
      Scale: 34 inch
      String spacing (bridge) 20mm
      String spacing (nut) ~9mm
      MEC active pickups
      2 Band MEC Pre-amp with active/passive switching
      Brass Just a Nut I
      Solid brass 3D Bridge

• By TheMuffin
      Warwick Thumb BO 5 strings for sale, long story short: 
       It was made in Germany in 1998,  Full wenge neck,  Ovangkol body  4,3 kgs  2band EQ, MEC pups & electronics  In pretty good shape for a 20 years old bass ( everything is documented pic wise ) 
      It comes with Original Dunlop Black Flush Mount Straps (  not the naughty pointy ones which are shown on the pics I've attached down bellow  ). 
      Frets are in good condition, neck is an absolute wenge beauty ( not as "thick" as they are on newer models ) & truss rod works just fine.

When it comes to trades, I might be interested in Lakland Skyline series ( 5ers only )

I'm located in Zagreb, Croatia. 
      Bass can be shipped anywhere inside EU.
      It comes with Gator gigbag, and it will be shipped in double boxes with shock absorbers. 

Cheers!

• By brucethebassplayer1
      Looking for a Warwick Streamer Stage II. Good condition. PM if you have anything please.
    • By dyerseve
      Up for sale is my stunning 1988* Warwick Streamer Stage 1. Hand made in Germany. Now includes a hard case for safer shipping and price dropped to £850.
      shipping is £12.50 to mainland UK, £35 to most of EU, £55 to most of the rest of the world. Includes full insurance and tracking.
      There is no serial number on this so it is impossible to age it precisely but talking to various people on here who are very knowledgeable on all things Warwick it could have been made as early as '86 and as as late as 88' so ive gone for the 88' to be safe - also, from what I saw of the bass when it was being stripped, the woods looked identical to those on this '88 Streamer Stage 1( making it maple body with a wenge/maple neck):
      https://reverb.com/uk/item/2569081-rare-vintage-warwick-streamer-stage-1-1988-aguilar-on-board-preamp-emg-p-j

Professionally refinished in a stunning gloss white by local luthier who also repaired the minor neck crack(which is a typical bug bear of these older pre-volute Warwicks from what I know - see the reverb ad above - the crack is almost identical!).
      This bass is all original except for the battery box which is a replacement from Warwick, the output jack, the pre-amp and pots (which are almost brand new MECs from a Warwick Fortress (the pre is a 2 band act/pass, bass, treb afair)). The frets were leveled and crowned by the same local luthier as well and it has received a full setup and new d'addario strings. The frets are down to about 50% from what I can see - see photos.
      Truss rod and electronics work perfectly!
      Neck profile and relief/action details (as best I can measure):
      Width @ nut 40mm
      Width @ 12th Fret 55mm
      Width @ 24th Fret 62mm
      Depth(front to back measured from fretboard) @ nut 23mm
      Depth @ 12 fret 23mm
      Depth @ 19th fret (before it joins the body) 27mm
      Relief(meaured at 7th fret with string fretted @ 1st and @ 20th frets) : 0.15" / 0.381mm
      Action @ 24th Fret 2.5mm - 1.75mm E - G
      Specs to the best of my knowledge: Maple body, wenge/maple neck, 24 bell brass frets, Mother Of Pearl dots front and side, brass Just a Nut I, solid brass Warwick 3D bridge, Schaller machine heads, Schaller straplock buttons, Warwick/MEC 2 band(bass and treble) EQ with active/passive with push pull volume.
      Weight is a very comfortable 4kg according to the kitchen scales though I swear it feels much lighter. 
      The brass hardware including the screws, knobs, bridge nut etc. were all a heavily tarnished gold finish when I first got the bass so I shot blasted to reveal what i think is a pretty cool nickel looking colour.
      Paint finish is rather nice with only some minor blemishes on the front of the headstock that you can only see on very close inspection and the repaired neck crack is still visible under the paint as shown in the photos. The only other blemishes are the scratches on the cavity cover and the original varnish on the side of the fretboard is peeling away in some places but this cannot be felt underhand.
      I'm based nr Dudley, West Midlands
      Now includes a used but perfectly functional hardcase for safe shipping within the UK. If you need it shipping internationally I can add a brand new flight case at cost(£65) for safe international shipping.

• By jamass
      hi everyone!

is there any good person with Warwick Star Bass 5 (Chinese or Korean made) to sell

All the best