Why become a member? Read more... ×
Check out Guitarchat.co.uk Read more... ×
Skol303

DIY Acoustic Panels

10 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

Thanks for the links, I've done a fair bit of roughing it out based on Bob Golds data. Couldn't help but notice even he can't find specs for the RWA45!

I'd not seen the BBC stuff. You do realise I'm now going to have read my way through all of that, don't you 51m0n? xD

Yep, its absolutely fascinating - literally all the research papers dating back to the 30's on studio design, absorption and diffusion, partition wall design, acoustics in various studios. I mean this is the absolute real deal, proper science and actual investment in trying multiple possible solutions to many problems faced in studio design.

It is a time consuming read, but I can't recommend it enough. I've read most of it that pertains to studio design/acoustic treatment that was written in the last 50 years and its truly excellent material.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Clint
      Eden CaliforniWAH Bass pedal in mint condition and boxed with 15V Power Supply. Great pedal but only had it out the box a few times and never gigged time to move it on! 
      Collection or will post for £10

• By Clint
      Ernie Ball Musicman SUB Bass - Made in USA (Music Man)
      This is not one of the newer/ cheaper models made in Asia but the USA one made in the same line alongside the stingrays using the same pick ups and electronics etc in the early mid 2000's. The reviews on these are amazing and with good reasons, you basically get a stingray at half the price and beautiful bass.
      Teal slab body with 2-Band active pre-amp.
      One of the original USA made Sub basses that's been well used and so has a few dings and marks on the neck with some of the paint coming off (I know a lot of people sand this off) but It feels, plays and sounds great!
      Based in South East London
      Sorry, not interested in trades.

• By chrisaxe
      PRICE DROP - NOW £750
      Hi everyone,
      For tentative sale is my lovely 2016 Fender American Standard Precision Bass. This has been my main bass since I bought it new a couple of years ago. I've used it countless times in the studio and it has toured with me all over Europe. It's a great bass with a lot of mojo, and strung with LaBella flats it has that old school P-Bass tone in spades. This is one of the last American Standard Precisions made before Fender changed to the American Pro series, and features a really great sounding Custom Shop 60's pickup.
      As you can see by the photos, it has a few chips and dents in the body. None of these affect the playability in any way - they are purely cosmetic. I have tried to accurately capture these in the photos but I am happy to take some more if required. I have replaced the bridge with a slightly different Fender high mass bridge to stock, but I have included the original bridge if you would like to swap it back. Both bridges allow for you to string through the body, which is pretty cool. I have also replaced the pots and input jack as the originals were getting pretty crackly. I used the pots from this upgrade kit, but the capacitor was not replaced and is still stock - https://www.charlesguitars.co.uk/parts-shop/jazz-bass-and-p-bass/premium-vintage-precision-bass-ae-electronics-upgrade-kit . The bass sounds great, these pots are a really good upgrade to the crackly originals and have worked beautifully since.
      I also added the old school chrome bridge and pickup covers. These are not currently fitted to the bass but are included in the sale. I think they look great!
      That's about it... neck is straight, truss rod works fine. Nice low action. Just a really solid bass which sounds great, looks great and plays brilliantly.
      I will include the original hardcase and tools (truss rod and bridge alan keys etc) along with the paperwork which came with the bass.
      I am happy to ship worldwide at buyers expense.
      I'll include some links to videos and recordings below. Any questions just drop me a message!
      Chris.

• By thundachopz
      Hey 
      Any tips/vsts/presets out there? Iam curtentlynusing amplitube full version with logic x pro. Any tips on other vsts? Pref free!
      Many thanks!
    • By albinokiller
      For sale is Lakland 5502 deluxe.
      Year 2009, LH3/hanson preamp and pickups, weight  9.1lb-4.13 kg, condition 9/10, crafted in Indonesia.
      Possible trades: 5 string jazz type basses - Lakland DJ5 white/maple, newer Fender Deluxe/Elite, Sadowsky Metro (with extra cash from my side) or something similar.
      Price: £1100/€1250 - insured shipping from Croatia included.
      And now pics