Why become a member? ×

NBD: Spector 8 String

Woodinblack

Well, after the 12 / 8 string debate, I decided there was no point getting an 8 string.

So here it is - took a while to come as Andertons had it in their books but not in their warehouse, and it took a while to come.

So it came the other day. I instantly loved it, then went off it and now I like it again - that was in the first two hours.

It is harder on the fingers than a 4 but not excessively so. It does bring some more harmonics to the party.

So the problem is, I now have this, and I have just got a dean 8 string as well, so I am going to see if I like the dean and if so send this back, otherwise move the dean on

spectorh.jpg

spectorbt.jpg

• Like 2

If it's the Rhapsody you've got, I'd flog it and keep the spector. If it's the Edge you've got, I'd keep them both for a bit and choose in a few months as there's less in it.

Out of the box the spector is better, but I think the Dean Edge plays slightly better as I preferred the neck profile slightly. It doesn't sound better though.

Enjoy!

It’s the Korean Model.

Lastbtime I saw one for sale was about 18 months ago on eBay, I nearly went for it but didn’t last minute, didn’t have the funds.

this one feels awesome, the neck profile is so flat you don’t mind the width and it’s a joy to play.

A lot of people consider swapping electronics etc but I will see

currently plays well with my pedals

• Thanks 1