Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky NYC 4 String

Josh

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='330782' date='Nov 17 2008, 04:47 PM']Hey Josh, that's Barrie's old one, isn't it? How did you enjoy your trip to Henley? :huh:[/quote]

It partially still is, but I'm confident he'll agree on him keeping my 535, I'm already loving the Sadowsky, all it needed was to be dropped down a full step and it literally is exactly what I want it to be. I'm already use to the scale and size etc... And luckily the jazz shape finally suites me at long last, and really just covers the otherside of tonal palette perfectly. It just needs a few minor changes before I'm 100% happy with it. I'm also trying to find out what kind of bridge it is so I can find out if there is a black version of it.

Twas the other way round man, Barrie came down here as he was delivering his Mark Bass combo to Rasta and they met up at the Bridgwater services, so he came on down with the Sadowksy, his Roscoe (Beautiful bass) and Zon for me to have a widdle on, Barrie is rather pleasent chap isn't he? :)

Edited by Josh

[quote name='The_D' post='334289' date='Nov 22 2008, 11:07 AM']So Mike moved on from the scare factory? I wonder how Sully is getting on?

Sorry, I have a 9yo Neice and a 3yo Nephew who stayed last night and we watched Monsters Inc.[/quote]

I've lost my copy of it :).

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='334271' date='Nov 22 2008, 10:08 AM']you cant beat a good sadowsky!!

but i would say that!!! lol

nice to see you getting along with it! looks like a fantastic bass! (i almost bought it myself)

:)[/quote]

And whats worse is that I want another one already.

Edited by Josh

I'm sorry to say that but as a pre-owner of a sadowski...
I made a test ... A/B test ...

a fender (american standard US / Alder - Rosewood) with the sadowski preamp box....
against a sadowski US (Alder - Maple) ...

And... nothing... amazingly the same (more trebles on the sadowski but maple fretboard.... so... and a bit lack of mids on the sado...)
So... I cannot understand that a lot of people spend to much money for just the SADO name...
(...I need to correct... I understand cause I already spend too much money ...
but cause of the "commercial effect" "GAS effect" so name it as you want given by forums and advertisments... )

[quote name='bassaussie' post='335049' date='Nov 23 2008, 06:14 PM']I've got two, and that's exactly what happened to me. I bought my second within 12 months of buying my first.[/quote]

I may do what Chris did, just the otherway around, I'll definetly get a Metro, but I really don't want to have to sell anything, especially my 635 and Spector.

[quote name='Toasted' post='335328' date='Nov 24 2008, 10:19 AM']I know Chris thinks different, but I'd really advise try before you buy on the Metro's :)[/quote]

maybe i was just really lucky?

i did have marcus trying them out for me in newcastle, he recommended one and i bought it! :huh:

oh and after buying the metro i only waited about 2-3 months before i ordered my NYC! i'll be honest with you when it comes to recording i almost always end up using my metro UV70! seriously give em try!!

:huh:

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='335397' date='Nov 24 2008, 12:39 PM']maybe i was just really lucky?

i did have marcus trying them out for me in newcastle, he recommended one and i bought it! :)

oh and after buying the metro i only waited about 2-3 months before i ordered my NYC! i'll be honest with you when it comes to recording i almost always end up using my metro UV70! seriously give em try!!

:huh:[/quote]

I'll hazard a guess and say that the Metros have more mids as opposed to the NYC's, I love mine because I dig in alot and it is pure Hi-Fi growl heaven, but it can lack warmth at times, and I'm guessing thats what the Metros provide.

What say you Chris?

[quote name='Josh' post='335516' date='Nov 24 2008, 02:33 PM']I'll hazard a guess and say that the Metros have more mids as opposed to the NYC's, I love mine because I dig in alot and it is pure Hi-Fi growl heaven, but it can lack warmth at times, and I'm guessing thats what the Metros provide.

What say you Chris?[/quote]

i would say the mids on my metro come from the wood combination! ash/maple

my NYC is Alder/rosewood so is warmer and less in your face sounding! i wouldnt say that there would be a whole lot of difference between the 2 if they had the same wood combo's!!

:)

Aren't the NYC one's supposed to be chambered?

If so, does anyone think that this makes a difference?

I've always loved Sadowsky's though. There used to be a cherry sunburst 5 string at the old Bass Centre in Wapping and I just used to stare at it. :)

Edited by 7string