Why become a member? ×

"Double Edge" (Ibanez Musician copy?) - £295

TheGreek

Dunno if it qualifies as a Musician copy (although those did exist!) but it's certainly interesting to MIJ geeks such as myself. Massive cast Chushin bridge on it, same as on many early 80s Washburns. And I wonder if that pickup's a DiMarzio?

Bit dear for a curiosity punt, though. :)

I'd say in execution it's closer to something like a Westone Thunder I, with its mock-through-neck build. A lot higher up the food chain than those rather nasty Korean-made Satellites, my feeling is that this is a Chushin or maybe a Yamaki build.

Twice what I'd even think about paying, though.

Those ubiquitous Gotoh tuners turn up on pretty much everything MIJ from that era - plus a few places you don't expect:

1344437577-IMG_2745.jpg

Not the best looking & come in for a bit of stick, but never had any problems with them myself.

This bass is really nothing to do with those Satellites - shame it's not a 99p no reserve auction, because you lot'd be turning your noses up at it for £50 while I'd be busting the "no-basses-in-2018" resolution before the end of January! xD