Why become a member? ×

Fender P-bass replacement necks, UK suppliers?

morson93

Okay, so I picked up a fantastic Fender FSR PJ-bass special a few weeks back and I love how the neck feels, especially the finish!! 

The neck is a maple, with a high gloss finish (this thing is literally like glass), black binding and block inlays, but still has the standard P-bass spacing at the nut.

For me, this neck is perfect in terms of looks and feel, however, finding more basses like this seems to be hard work. 

One that caught my eye, is the 70's classic series P-bass, same neck but on a white body.

Now rather than spend months sourcing one for a price I can't justify spending, i have noticed that you can actually buy the neck separately, in the exact same spec! The only issue I've had with this, is finding a supplier in the UK to go through!!

Both Andertons and Richtone Music stock replacement Fender parts, however neither stock this specific model, and the jazz replacements of the same spec are around the £450 Mark.

Does anybody know of anywhere that would stock these parts or be able to order in one of these necks without breaking the bank? 

I've seen a few on reverb.com, however shipping from the states, in my experience, is never cheap.

Alternatively, does anyone know anyone who makes these as a licenced fender replacement to the same spec as the "real deal"

Thanks for looking guys.

https://reverb.com/item/8384042-new-fender-70s-precision-p-bass-replacement-neck-maple-block-inlays-099-2010-921

On 21/01/2018 at 23:21, AndyTravis said:

Just realised you’re after the actual fender item.

There’s a seller on eBay called “the stratosphere” and they part out Fenders.

this May work out cheaper than buying from the US. May not...

Just to say the Stratosphere are US based - whilst I was happy with the Fender MIJ neck they sent me and the shipping time, you will need to account for customs (ouch!).