Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

New: Sign up and get 20% off tickets for the London Bass Guitar Show - and we'll see you there!

barry021574

Good-value mini tuner

Find a used Polytune mini and don’t look back. They can be had for around £50ish on the used market I think?

I use a 'snark'. Costs about £15. Just clips on to your bass. I was dubious, but theyre very very good. When not in use just put in bass case. Theyre the size of a small watch face.

I've tried a couple of cheaper mini tuners... Ebay style things.  They perform pretty well but I got a polytune mini and have to say it is more accurate and just feels better built. 

Polytune is a great pedal.  Another good cheap option is the Korg Pitchblack Poly.  Fairly small & about £50 new.  There's also the Pitchblack Mini for @ £55.

I've got Mooer rip-off of the Polytune. It's not quite as pretty, but it is very accurate and cheap! I think it was about £40 .

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I don’t think I need a polytuner as there are only 4 strings anyway. I’m most interested in small size, clear display and accuracy. The Pitchblack mini looks good.

I never actually use my Polytune in poly mode. It’s just an excellent tuner all round. Super clear, bright display and accurate!