Why become a member? ×

Lost Fender 'precision' bass

Kevin Lang

[b]Hi guys, I was wondering if you could please give me some help. Do you know where my old 'P' bass is now ??????? I bought it in the 1960's and sold it in 1972 to an old guy who lived in the Chadderton or Failsworth area of north Manchester, if the bass is still knocking around I would love to know what became of it. Originally it was a sunburst, I resprayed it powder blue. It has a tortoise-shell scratch-plate, rosewood fingerboard and very very worn frets. This bass was played from the early 1960's in the following bands:-
Lee Fender and The Top-Liners.
Dave Blakley and The Sky-Liners.
Deek Rivers and the Big Sound.
The Manchester Big Three.
Mike Cadillac and The Manchester Playboys
Barry James and the Strangers (The Barry James show)
Glynn Ellis and The Jets (who reformed and became Wayne Fontana and The Mindbenders, my brother Bob joined them and I went to Germany with The Burnetts.
Neil Landon and The Burnetts (the Noel Redding connection)
So if you can help I would be very grateful and thanks for reading this. Also if any of the band members and friends from those great days read this it would be great to hear from you. Thank you.
Kevin Lang. m: 07860 587 999[/b]

[quote name='Kevin Lang' post='329330' date='Nov 14 2008, 06:37 PM'][b]Hi guys, I was wondering if you could please give me some help. Do you know where my old 'P' bass is now ??????? I bought it in the 1960's and sold it in 1972 to an old guy who lived in the Chadderton or Failsworth area of north Manchester, if the bass is still knocking around I would love to know what became of it. Originally it was a sunburst, I resprayed it powder blue. It has a tortoise-shell scratch-plate, rosewood fingerboard and very very worn frets. This bass was played from the early 1960's in the following bands:-
Lee Fender and The Top-Liners.
Dave Blakley and The Sky-Liners.
Deek Rivers and the Big Sound.
The Manchester Big Three.
Mike Cadillac and The Manchester Playboys
Barry James and the Strangers (The Barry James show)
Glynn Ellis and The Jets (who reformed and became Wayne Fontana and The Mindbenders, my brother Bob joined them and I went to Germany with The Burnetts.
Neil Landon and The Burnetts (the Noel Redding connection)
So if you can help I would be very grateful and thanks for reading this. Also if any of the band members and friends from those great days read this it would be great to hear from you. Thank you.
Kevin Lang. m: 07860 587 999[/b][/quote]

Hi Kevin.

I think your ebay ad has been picked up on already. :)

Good luck finding your bass and/or bandmates.

Hi Kevin, good to see you found your way here.

Just idly musing (and probably best if you don't answer) but how on earth would you set about agreeing a price for it if you did find it? Mind you, I'm rather assuming that you're looking to buy it back, and that's not necessarily the case.

Good luck with the hunt, anyway.