Why become a member? ×

Just wanted to say hi!

Fulkram

I'm sort of new to bass, I've played guitar for many years but got a cheap ibanez bass a year ago to do some home recording.  One thing led to another and I'm now playing bass in jam sessions.  I started playing through a 50w 12" keyboard amp and picked up a carl martin compressor, then bought a carlsboro b90  1x15 which died on me just b4 xmas.  I'm thinking of buying a markbass cmd 151jb players this week.  I need more oompth and it's weight attracts me.  Plus, markbass right?  It's a very different instrument, there's much more subtlety to it I never considered before but I'm enjoying it so far.  I suppose I'll be looking for a better bass sometime soon.  Anyway hi all.

Welcome Fulkram. The subtlety element gets increasingly fun and intriguing as you go along. What others in a band often don‘t realise is just how much you‘re running the show.

As for better basses, these days really usable kit does not have to be expensive, so there‘s plenty to look forward to there too.

enjoy the ride,

Paul.

• Thanks 1