Why become a member? ×

Compression settings zoom b3

la bam

Hi all,

Has anyone had ny success with decent compression settings on any of the various units on the zoom b3?

Im in a quandry. I have a compressor on my markbass evo amp but it squashes really really early. So i thought id use the compressors on the zoom b3 - but theyre the opposite - i cant seem to get them to do anything?

Interesting - that's been my experience of compressor sims on the successor B3n unit i.e. they have next to no effect. However @Osiris swears by the compression sims on the B3 (so much so he's got himself a TC Spectracomp which he now uses instead :)) He may be able to share some B3 patch settings that work for him...

I'm happy to share some compression settings from the B3 patches that I use but I'm not sure if it's going to help much as probably more than any other effect compression settings will be more susceptibale to different output strenghts from your basses, attack strength, the amount of squash you want to apply etc. That being the case what works for me may not work for you. 

My favourite on the B3 is the M Comp model - no idea what this is modelled on though. The settings I am currently using are; THRSH: 22, Ratio: 4, Level: 62, ATTCK: 4. But I do like to have a good fiddle and am constantly changing things and trying different sounds. This is for a moderately hot output passive bass into a 30 watt Marshall 1x10 combo in the house.

@Al KrowThe SpectraComp is in my pedal board and serves for gig duties.   

23 minutes ago, Osiris said:

@Al KrowThe SpectraComp is in my pedal board and serves for gig duties.   

I know. But there is literally nothing else on your pedal board is there, other than a power supply, and a recent addition Corona Chrous so plenty of room for the Zoom? :) 

PS @Jus Lukin very much the approach I adopted with the B3n but I didn't find they did anything much at all. Very different to using a dedicated comp (in my case an Aggie TLC) where changing the ratios had a very noticeable effect.

Edited by Al Krow