Why become a member? ×

David Eden Metro Combo For Sale

JimFJBradley

Hi I'm hoping for a quick sale on this.

Very good condition, manufactured in November 1999.

I have recently had it repaired and service by a very good local engineer. Basically it would cut out from time to time due to a faulty solder joint. This has been repaired and has been fully tested.

Complete with Eden foot switch and casters.

I would prefer the buyer to collect.

I'm selling this because I needed a lighter amp - this is heavy so be warned!

The combo sounds fantastic and I'm sure most of you will appreciate it's pedigree.

Anyway, I'm looking for £450.

Picture attached but I can provide more if required.

My mobile number is 07852 722591 email [email protected] or [email protected][attachment=15927:DSC00102.JPG]

[quote name='Geddys nose' post='328274' date='Nov 13 2008, 12:07 PM']Great Price for a great combo. Jlt are a pension group in Cardiff so it might be there :)[/quote]

Hi There

I live in Pothcawl South Wales and yes I work for JLT in Cardiff.

Cheers

Jim

I used to go on holiday to Porthcawl when I was little. Trecco Bay - Blenheim LY20 was the caravan. Mum made us learn the name so, if we got lost, we could get back. They hadn't invented Eden Metro's in those days, tho'. In fact, if I recall correctly, hot running water was yet to show its face....:)

[quote name='daflewis' post='328450' date='Nov 13 2008, 03:57 PM']Ahhh! home..... :wub: well not for more than 20 years now, but still..... them were the days eh, Rob?[/quote]

Hi Dafydd,

I remember you but do you remember me?
Jim

[quote name='Jim' post='328491' date='Nov 13 2008, 04:53 PM']Hi Dafydd,

Jim[/quote]

Hi Jim..... or James back then IIRC?!

Sorry, only just looked at the thread again after a week or so.....

You know it took me a few minutes and I was a bit confused by the two different user i.d.s but once I'd worked out the Bradley bit, yes! I think I do remember!

A Trace Elliot 4x10 and a Wal with a beautiful birdseye top and ebony board! God was I jealous!! and that must have been back in 1984-85?

Hope things are good with you; what are you playing these days? - still got that Wal? (edit: just saw your sig. and I can see that you do still have the Wal!) I assume the Eden's going to be replaced with something equally "lush"?(sorry, going back to my welsh roots there!).... and talking of Wals, do you have any contact with the other Wal - the guitarist that used to live up the road from you? Last I heard he'd become a driving instructor....

Hope I have remembered correctly or this is going to be embarrassing!! :) :huh:

Cheers,
Daf

Oh, and Bump!

Edited by daflewis

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='332947' date='Nov 20 2008, 10:42 AM']Hi Daf. Yep, them wuz the days. I left Newport in 1994 so can only just remember the taste of cheese on toast and Glengettie Tea![/quote]

ohh! luvly.... isn'it :huh:

actually, something must have happened in '94 - that's when I left for good too! (though I hadn't spent much time there for quite a few years before that)

.......umm, wasn't this a for sale thread at some point? :huh: - is there a nostalgia section on the site? :)

[quote name='Jim' post='328491' date='Nov 13 2008, 04:53 PM']Hi Dafydd,

Jim[/quote]

Yep Daf that's me. It's been a long time! Still got the Wal but the Trace went. The Eden Metro was sold but I can't see how to get back into the message to amend the heading :-O

I've been playing in various bands over the years. I'm now in a Red Hot Chili Tribute band which is fun. Not really a fan but it's fun stuff to play live and I've played with the guitarist and drummer for years, so it's a kind of social thing as well.

Walter is still living in his bedroom and not working ...ever :-)

Aother person you may remember, Gareth Hill? We have a band together playing instrumental music. We're hoping to get our first CD out the early part of next year. It's been a long time coming HA HA!.

Anyway, what have you been up to? You've got a mighty impressive arsenal there. Incidently, my home email is [email protected].

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim,

I'll e-mail you so I don't hijack this thread any more!!

By the way, as far as the header for the for sale add, IIRC if you do a full edit of the first post you should be able to edit the header too.... perhaps....

Cheers,
Daf

Edited by daflewis

• 1 year later...