Why become a member? ×

EBMM 30th Anniversary Stingray

Noisyjon

I had one not all that long ago - it was certainly nice and had a unique sort of tone, but still very much a stingray. To be honest I think in a live situation all those nuances would be lost on most ears though.

They tend to weigh in a little heavier than the average as well, plus you have to bear in mind that they are string-thru bridge only as well (may be a factor depending on what strings you intend to use).

On the other hand though if you dont already own another sort of stingray and you can get a good deal on one, go for it :)

I think if you like Stingrays, you'll love this one.

I've had about 7 but this one was the best.

It had growl coming out of the wazoo due to the mahogany body on an already growly bass.

Its been about a year since i sold mine but I'm pretty sure you could string it both ways, although i could be wrong.

IMO [i]the[/i] best finish of any Stingray. the deep translucent red was so beautiful with matching neck and headstock. Totally stunning.

Also came with matching Musicman G&G hardcase that was almost as stunning as the bass.

Sold it because I wanted to go back to passive basses and the whole reason my gold warmoth has a mahogany body.

Definitely head over to the EB forum. There's so much information on there and links to external stuff with all the rare and limited edition basses as well.

[quote name='Stingray5' post='328011' date='Nov 12 2008, 10:40 PM']That l'il ol' shop in Denmark Street has one smack dab in the middle of their window. Lovely looking bass.[/quote]

Funny you should mention them...I was in there there the other day and haggled a good price on a bass.
Didn't buy it though!!!
They seemed very 'jaded' but were alright with me.

Sold mine to a fellow BC'er about five months ago, purely because I was too scared to take it out of the house and it wasn't getting played like it should have been.
Beautiful, and I mean BEAUTIFUL instrument. Sterling is correct... the BEST Stingray EVER made. So much punch, growl, wonderful highs and earth shattering lows. Asthetically, it was a dream to look at too. Angryman will back this up... he's had a dabble on it too.
Like many of my basses, I wish I'd never let it go now..... ho hum!