Why become a member? ×

Massive Favour

Sibob

Hey guys,

Just got back from tour, and literally at the last show last-night, my trusty Ashdown gave up the ghost. "Woooo typical Ashdown" you may be saying, but this is the first glitch in it's working life for getting on for 5 years, so I'm not angry.
Having said that, it has left me in the lurch for my three covers gigs this weekend while it's being fixed!

Has anyone got a spare amp head, anything really (size within reason, no massive old school peaveys lol), 300 watts upwards, that they're not using this thursday, friday and saturday????
I'm in High Wycombe South Bucks and the first gig is in Oxford centre tomorrow night (thursday 13th), so getting it from Oxford could be done.

I know there's some guys here around my area, so am just crossing my fingers really!
Yes I know it's time to get a spare amp :), if only funds permitted it lol

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Si

Edited by Sibob

[quote name='johnnylager' post='327330' date='Nov 12 2008, 09:43 AM']500w ABM EVOII 2x10 combo + 2x10 extension in Brighton if your really stuffed, but the price of petrol nowadays, it'd be cheaper to get a new head than drive down here twice![/quote]

You're probably right mate!
But thanks a lot for the offer, as they say, it's the thought that counts and I'm very appreciative! :)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='327318' date='Nov 12 2008, 09:30 AM']Hey guys,

Just got back from tour, and literally at the last show last-night, my trusty Ashdown gave up the ghost. "Woooo typical Ashdown" you may be saying, but this is the first glitch in it's working life for getting on for 5 years, so I'm not angry.
Having said that, it has left me in the lurch for my three covers gigs this weekend while it's being fixed!

Has anyone got a spare amp head, anything really (size within reason, no massive old school peaveys lol), 300 watts upwards, that they're not using this thursday, friday and saturday????
I'm in High Wycombe South Bucks and the first gig is in Oxford centre tomorrow night (thursday 13th), so getting it from Oxford could be done.

I know there's some guys here around my area, so am just crossing my fingers really!
Yes I know it's time to get a spare amp :), if only funds permitted it lol

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Si[/quote]

If you had put this up earlier I would have posted you a head but I can't go home now and I'm going straight to Portsmouth from work, good luck buddy.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='327334' date='Nov 12 2008, 09:48 AM']If you had put this up earlier I would have posted you a head but I can't go home now and I'm going straight to Portsmouth from work, good luck buddy.[/quote]

No problem, thanks for the offer Wayne :)

Si

I have [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25426&hl=hartke+korg"]this[/url] that you're welcome to borrow - based in Chelmsford, Essex, off the A12, near the M25. I know it's not too close, but the offers there if you don't get anything else!

[quote name='pnefc42' post='327357' date='Nov 12 2008, 10:05 AM']Got a Carvin R1000 Stereo Head you'd be welcome to borrow for a few days - only thing is I'm WAY out of the way (North Devon!)

Cheers
Dave[/quote]

Lol, yeah that might be pushing it :)
Cheers though mate!

Si

[quote name='crez5150' post='327409' date='Nov 12 2008, 11:02 AM']Hey Si..... you can use my old Tech 300w graphic head... I'm in the office (High Wycombe) as of Monday and Tuesday next week if thats any good

Jay[/quote]

Hey Jay
I think I've sorted something for the three gigs over this weekend, but If i need something after that, I'll definitly get in contact sunday or so!

Thanks mate! :)

Si

Edited by Sibob

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='327547' date='Nov 12 2008, 01:10 PM']This thread is a brilliant example of what Basschat is all about! Fantastic support from one and all which is great to see.. :)[/quote]

+ a bujillion!
Would this have happened anywhere else on the net!
I don't think so :huh:

Si