Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz shuttle 12.0

steve-soar

My Shuttle 6.0 is the (perceived) loudest amp I've had, though not the greatest RMS watts, so a more powerful version doesn't interest me. Also, I don't need anymore EQ adjustments, as the Shuttle sounds great as it is. Sure there could be future refinements (like better feet, built in dual compressor, L.E.D. Tuning, headphone cut out etc.) but if I were Genz-Benz, I'd be looking at taking on the small combo market that Phil Jones Bass and Mark Bass do well in, rather than getting bigger and heavier. It'll end up like hatchback cars ...the new Polos are bigger than earlier Golfs.

With a single input and FET/Tube channel switching I'm not interested. That may be what guitarists like but it's probably not what most bass players really need. If it was 2 independent channels with two inputs and went to 2 ohms I would be VERY interested.

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='324593' date='Nov 7 2008, 11:27 PM']The TBers were saying they wanted parametric mids and switchable tube/FET channels, it looks like they responded.[/quote]

It’s a pity they didn’t ask for a more solid build quality…

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='324593' date='Nov 7 2008, 11:27 PM']It has two, 600 watt power sections. So you can run each "side" at 4 ohms. (quote from the Genz Benz dude at TB forums). The TBers were saying they wanted parametric mids[/quote]
Thats definitely an improvement. I think the semi para eq is a good idea as well. It helps deal with dodgy onstage acoustics.

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='324593' date='Nov 7 2008, 11:27 PM']and switchable tube/FET channels, it looks like they responded.[/quote]
for the love of god why? Are they really going to be able to tell the difference in the middle of the first set?!

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='324571' date='Nov 7 2008, 10:57 PM']Not a lot of bass players need two inputs, and there is always an EBS Microbass II if you have to have it. Works very well with my Shuttle.[/quote]
Two inputs for those of us who gig with two basses of course. With one input, its too similar to the GBE750. Besides which, with the way that amp is designed, they just need to wire in an extra jack socket from the looks of things. Why pay for an overpriced EBS microbass when a player could get the same functionality in an amp plus 4ohms a side?

Question is...how much and, as Bass_ferret pointed out, how does it stack up against the GBE750?