Why become a member? ×

North East Bass Bash - NEBB - 27th Nov

bassoctopus

As per my other thread, I'm thinking seriously about getting an Eden WT400 or similar.

Trouble is, my experience of the Eden sound is restricted to POD and my Eden N8 practice amp, as we don't have a dealer who stocks Eden in Newcastle.

Ideally I'd like to try it at one of my band practices (I would leave cash to the value of the amp), but if that's not possible just a home demonstration would be fantastic.

Anyone?

Edited by bassoctopus

Hi Neil,

Hope your well. I seem to recall Guitar Guitar having a splattering of Eden product around the stores, I could ask Steve for you?? I suspect Hindmarsh would prefer you to stick with Line 6 to compliment his new position......

I've owned Eden, drop me a PM if you want a further crack.

Finest Regards

Mick

If anyone is interested in a little bash (very low key) and would like to try out some of the gear 'good/bad/indifferent' that some of us have, then WoT and I are looking at getting together on Thurs 27th. It would be in Blyth, kicking off around 6.30 and would be wrapped up by 9.00 at the latest. It will be at my place of work which means you can crank stuff to your hearts content but you'll have to respect the fact that it'd be no smoking and the best beverage you'll get is a glass of water. :)

I know Neil is interested in trying my Thunderfunk and I'll have my Aggie DB12's there; I think WoT was talking about bringing his Schroeder 4x10 and his Boogie.

No pressure and certainly no egos. If you fancy bringing along your 80watt 1x10 'no-name' practice amp and seeing how it sounds in comparison to other stuff that is absolutely fine, it'll just be a chance to have a blather, talk sh*te and try a few different combinations of amps and cabs.

Sign up below and I'll PM you directions and my mobile number as you'll need it to get into the place. :huh:

Looks like I'll be around on the 27th so count me in.

I could bring my SWR rig as long as there is some big strong boys there to help me lug it in and out. I'll bring the Overwater along as well if anyones interested?

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='330046' date='Nov 16 2008, 12:01 PM']O.K. I'm in. I'll bring a (very battered) Trace Rig, if anybody wants to try the old, second hand route to getting 'on the road.' :huh:[/quote]

[quote name='bassoctopus' post='330047' date='Nov 16 2008, 12:14 PM']I'm in!!!

Don't know if I can be bothered to bring my rig. Might bring my head - 1989 Trace Elliot AH300. Looking forward to comparing it to the Thunderfunk.[/quote]

[quote name='JPJ' post='330626' date='Nov 17 2008, 01:18 PM']Looks like I'll be around on the 27th so count me in.

I could bring my SWR rig as long as there is some big strong boys there to help me lug it in and out. I'll bring the Overwater along as well if anyones interested?[/quote]

Nice one guys. I'm wondering if it might be worth hiring MyBigBedroom for 2 hours as it's a lot less of a carry in than it is into/through my workplace! £10-£12 to hire the rehearsal space between 4-6 of us isn't going to break the piggy bank. Let's know what you think; my work is a good couple 100m carry in, through multiple doors whereas MBB is 25m... no sweat (or maybe it will be :huh: ) if people want to do the freebie, I'm just thinking of some of the rigs that you boys have. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='330789' date='Nov 17 2008, 04:53 PM']Nice one guys. I'm wondering if it might be worth hiring MyBigBedroom for 2 hours as it's a lot less of a carry in than it is into/through my workplace! £10-£12 to hire the rehearsal space between 4-6 of us isn't going to break the piggy bank. Let's know what you think; my work is a good couple 100m carry in, through multiple doors whereas MBB is 25m... no sweat (or maybe it will be :huh: ) if people want to do the freebie, I'm just thinking of some of the rigs that you boys have. :)[/quote]

100m carry in :huh: :huh:

I'm up for the big bedroom idea if the rest are?

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='330819' date='Nov 17 2008, 05:19 PM']I might be able to get a community centre if that's any good... nice and big, and a door right out on to the street!

I'll make enquiries...[/quote]

Now that sounds even better than 25m (ooh me poor back, its those SWR cabs you see, big on tone, big on weight..............)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='330839' date='Nov 17 2008, 05:35 PM']Hmmm. So they WERE right about you? :unsure: :) :huh:[/quote]

The barstewards... how dare they! :huh:

[quote name='bassoctopus' post='330849' date='Nov 17 2008, 05:48 PM']Do you want me to change the thread title to

NEBB (please being an Eden along) :lol:[/quote]

Good idea, it might get a bit more attention from the local lads but change the word 'being' for 'bring'. :huh: