Why become a member? ×

Opinions/advice on our bands confederate flags please

Les

[quote name='ivansc' timestamp='1503821928' post='3361002']
Aw... you had to go and spoil it!
<_<

I'm bowing out of this one - getting bit too serious for me. Sorry if I offended anyone's sensibilities.

SO sorry, but ya cant fight coincidence. A old friend of mine from Tennessee posted this on her facebook timeline today. Presumably because of all the fuss over civil war statuary etc.

[url="http://theferalirishman.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/just-so-we-are-clear.html?spref=fb&m=1"]http://theferalirish...ml?spref=fb&m=1[/url]
[/quote]

The Feral Irishman's willingness to refer to a specific historical battle won by King Arthur, does not bode well for the accuracy of the rest of the article.

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1504180400' post='3363188']
The Feral Irishman's willingness to refer to a specific historical battle won by King Arthur, does not bode well for the accuracy of the rest of the article.
[/quote]

:lol: Well spotted. It's well known, the current divide in the UK between the Celts and the Vikings. :rolleyes: Some folks have very long memories. :happy:

Ivan's article is an interesting read, regardless of whether or not some of it is factual. Here is what I understand from my VERY limited understanding of American history.

1. There was a war of independence to expel the British, and a subsequent constituion written to govern the newly formed United States of America.

2. The southern states agreed to leave the United States due to disagreement over various issues. This is referred to as the southern secession

3. There was a civil war between the north and south after the north invaded.

Hang on a second, didn't we just vote out of something???

[quote name='Damonjames' timestamp='1504191104' post='3363295']...
Hang on a second, didn't we just vote out of something???
[/quote]

No politics..! :angry: Don't go opening [i]that [/i]can of worms again, we beseech you. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Damonjames' timestamp='1504191457' post='3363302']
Hahaha!!!! BOOOOM!!!!!

It was said in jest, but in all seriousness it is an interesting parallel!!!
[/quote]

Indeed, and look where it got the Yankees and the others, all this time later..! Don't go there; don't even think of going there..! Let it rest..! PLEASE..! :(

:lol: :P

Edited by Dad3353