Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

Sign in to follow this  
toomey7

Gig bag for Status S2

Hi all,

Getting a bit tired of carrying my hard case around to rehearsals and gigs so looking to get a gig bag. I have a status graphite S2 headless and want a gig bag that will suit. I've checked with status but they're currently out of stock.

Any suggestions?

I wouldn't bother with a status gig bag - in my opinion, they're frankly awful - cheap, not very protective, tend to stain coloured finishes. You could try a good guitar bag (but check internal dimensions) - a Fusion might work (the higher-end Fusion bags are excellent - very well designed with lots of protection

I occasionally use a Mono M80 to transport my headless S2 to rehearsals and it's absolutely fine. Although there is a large space where the headstock would be the bass doesn't slip.

Posted (edited)

For my headless Sei, I can fit it in a 'regular' 6-string electric guitar case - Although I own an S2, it is headed so I can't say for certain for your headless Status, however if I were you I'd look at the Mono cases and check if yours will fit into a regular electric guitar case. A bonus of this is it's much easier to fly with as overhead lockers on planes are sometimes a little tight with a standard bass guitar case.

Edited by five-string.co.uk

Any decent one should do; you could just wander along to a guitar shop and check some out.
The headless is about the same length as a guitar, but the body may be bigger.
(I think the Status gig bags are OK.)