Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!!!
£550

ChazzJEUK

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1501861507' post='3347888']
I keep looking at this and thinking "you could put flats on it and then it'd really compliment your DJ5" and then sanity returns........someone buy this and save me from me (and then ultimately, the wife)
[/quote]

It's got some pretty awesome La Bella Flats on her already ;)

You're welcome to come try it!

:lol: I used to have one, so quite familiar with them, though it sounds like yours has a different neck profile, the one I used to have had a very narrow jazz neck, to the point where it made a jazz feel chunky Edited by Graham

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1501863870' post='3347911']
:lol: I used to have one, so quite familiar with them, though it sounds like yours has a different neck profile, the one I used to have had a very narrow jazz neck, to the point where it made a jazz feel chunky
[/quote]

First one to play this will no doubt be taking it home. It's one of the most comfortable neck profiles I've felt tbh. Definitely a comfortable midway between a J and a P

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1501861344' post='3347885']
Yeah, i cant stand white, and on a bass like this i felt a darker colour brought the colour out more. This was the same bass with a pearl PG on. quite a different look.
[url="https://flic.kr/p/fzYsBK"][/url]
[url="https://flic.kr/p/fzYsBK"]Lakland Duck Dunn 2[/url] by [url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/davebass5/"]Dave Pearce[/url], on Flickr

Anyway, good luck with the sale. these basses seem to get snapped up very quickly. Id have it if it wasn't for the ding in it.
[/quote]

looks good with a pearl pg

[quote name='albinokiller' timestamp='1501962558' post='3348538']

What I've said was: if you wanted to ship it overseas you'd already sold it ;)
[/quote]

If you organize the courier I'd pack it up, but I'm not really keen on sending it overseas if I'm honest

[quote name='ChazzJEUK' timestamp='1501958000' post='3348508']

Yeah I prefer the black myself - not too in your face but just enough to bring out that sparkle in th finish
[/quote]

Yeah, black is my fav. Although I liked the pearl it gave the bass more of a 60's look IMO. Classy but not really my thing.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1502011264' post='3348706']

Yeah, black is my fav. Although I liked the pearl it gave the bass more of a 60's look IMO. Classy but not really my thing.
[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean, I've never been one for white pickguards on anything really. I like the pearloid ones but plain white is abit boring in my opinion. But others like the traditional look so I've included a white one too if anyone prefers it to the black one.

Edited by ChazzJEUK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVywx11d8Bs&t=4s

Shot a quick overview video of the bass as I've had a lot of questions. As stated its currently strung with La Bella Flatwounds and comes with a black hardcase. Im happy to post within the UK for a postage price of £25 extra.

so all in all £525 posted. Absolute bargain if you ask me. If anyone has anymore questions please don't hesitate to shoot me a pm.

Cheers
C

Hi Chazz,

D"D"D was probably my first or second inspiration to play the bass, and what my other two basses are missing is a decent P-sound. So I am tempted... Could you pop it one some scales please and tell me the weight? I tried a Lakland 44 P yesterday and as lovely as it was, it was pretty heavy :-)

Thanks,
Hanry

[quote name='Hanry' timestamp='1502184088' post='3349765']
Hi Chazz,

D"D"D was probably my first or second inspiration to play the bass, and what my other two basses are missing is a decent P-sound. So I am tempted... Could you pop it one some scales please and tell me the weight? I tried a Lakland 44 P yesterday and as lovely as it was, it was pretty heavy :-)

Thanks,
Hanry
[/quote]

Hello sir!

According to my scales (albeit about 15 years old) it's 8lbs exact! They'r pretty reliable so I'm gonna go with 8lbs or just a touch over :)

Cheers!

[quote name='Hanry' timestamp='1502184088' post='3349765']
Hi Chazz,

Thanks,
Hanry
[/quote]

I also forgot to mention - I'm open to trades for a decent bass amp - preferably an Aguilar Tonehammer 500, but I'm open to trades with other bass heads/combos too :)

[quote name='tomaspin' timestamp='1502214545' post='3350056']
Hi

Whats the chance of trading a Gibson SG 2011 in great condition., with Gibson case (can send pictures), I I want to sell it for £450 but will let it go in PX for £350 and £150 cash your way
[/quote]

Please keep to forum rules and send offers via pm only.

Thanks!