Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz options

ForestPoetry

Re your odd distorted sound - eliminate one thing at a time...
Plug it into your amp only - i.e. with nothing else in the chain - remove the mixer, your Sansamp etc
Then try different leads, if the problem still persists.

Failing that, it might still be your amp - have you got a bass playing pal with an amp you could test your bass with? Or another bass you can test your amp with? Maybe you could pop back to the shop and try your bass with another amp or 2?.... but first, isolate each thing in the chain, from leads, batteries (in Sansamp or any other pedal)

Glad you got one you're comfortable playing, and that you like :)
PS. Love the look of gsgbass'es White Jazz with maple board too - nice!

Edited by Marc S

Thanks for the input guys! Funnily enough the issue seems intermittent and has gone away for now...not sure what to make of it. Maybe the tone knob just needed some wiggling. I'll have to see if it comes back.

Anyway, a thread is useless without pics! As mentioned, one sexy black scratch plate later...

[attachment=247645:IMG_20170620_193623.jpg]

Chuffed! Thinking of throwing some oldskool control knobs on there too, and most likely replace the pickups further down the line for the fun of it. What's good? I like the look of the Seymour Duncan stuff.