Why become a member? ×

NPVBDS

kodiakblair

Of course it's a Peavey and it's a very unexpected Peavey at that for a couple of reasons :)

1st reason was I'd Had no intention of anymore Peaveys coming to stay.
On Thursday I'd finished converting a T-40 into a 5 string :o Previous owner had drilled a big dirty hole in the headstock then had 2nd thoughts. It was going cheap and safe in the knowledge I could turn it back into a 4 I decided to finish the job :) One of the lightest 40's I have at 10.5lb,the string spacing is 16mm so it's a bit on the tight side but definitely playable. The La Bella Jamerson flats sound terrific on it. Next to it's brothers it looks great and has confused more than a few who've saw it.
[attachment=245920:Triplets2.jpg]

2nd reason is I don't play 6 strings :D
Got back from the knee clinic on Friday to a Msg from Bass_Guardian regarding the Tim Landers 6 our very own v8bass was selling.Told myself "I don't do 6's" but as the painkillers started taking effect and the 5 string model felt and sounded so good my resistance weakened. biro had shown interest so thoughts of a 6'er were just a safe academic "would be nice." notion. Then biro passed the buck :lol: Anybody who's dealt with v8bass knows just how smoothly things move so it was a case of "How do I pay you ?" then the reply " Where do I send it ?". Shipped Monday,here Tuesday morning. :)

And here he is, the TL-6
[attachment=245928:TL 6 (1).JPG][attachment=245929:TL 6 (2).JPG]

Lovely flamed maple below the smoky grey finish, Dynabass preamp with active/passive switch,super-duper Kahler bridge.For comfort the back of the body is arched and the neck is asymmetric.Pickups are low impedance. This is a serious bit of kit. Set up was sweet too.

Another week like last week and Scotland's Home for Wayward Peaveys will need an extension built :D

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1495709944' post='3306014']
How are you handling the 6 stringer?
[/quote]That extra string is throwing me big time. The neck profile is great but I just can't see a use for a C string.

Is there a " 6 string bass for dummies" book ?

[quote name='bassmachine2112' timestamp='1495812754' post='3306830']
playing drones with the open G string up the neck
[/quote] Jazzhacker scales & modes fur 6 string bass was bought last night. £3.12 wie £2 credit back fae Amazon. It'd been wrong no tae buy it :D

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1495837632' post='3307055']
Until the Dorset contingent arrive it's looking that way :lol:
[/quote]

Late for the train, as usual :)

Edited by alyctes

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1495817006' post='3306866']
Jazzhacker scales & modes fur 6 string bass was bought last night. £3.12 wie £2 credit back fae Amazon. It'd been wrong no tae buy it :D
[/quote]

Indeed. But I doubt the tuning would work for me - that seems to use guitar tuning. I'd rather stick with the fixed interval. (One of my guitarists has a Yamaha 6er, tuned in Guitarish. Can't do a thing with it. :( )

Edit: Okay, my mistake... It looks like he's borrowed the format from his Guitar ebook, and forgotten to change the sentence about "standard tuning". The actual charts are against BEADGC tuning.

Edited by alyctes