Why become a member? ×

Seymour Duncan P bass pick up comparison

SH73

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1495048550' post='3300901']
The review would be great if they hadn't blended the DI and Amp signals - it's out of phase and sounds weird.
[/quote]

I would like to update my post to say that in the comments they offer amp only and DI only recordings too. I'm off to the DI one now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r2_WvwczNg&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for posting that!

In the brief test in the first few minutes I like the SPB1 the best, but that could be bias from my ears as that's what I have in my 50s P and I'm really happy with it. Also liked the 2 Antiquitys and the SPB4 in the first test.

In the second more detailed test I only liked the SPB1, weirdly I didn't like the SPB4 in the detailed test, which is good really as I can just be happy with what I have!

Yes, that's a really useful comparison, although when he goes into more detail it gets a bit confusing. The most useful information is in the first minute.

Although I've owned the SPB-2 and SPB-3, I never liked them much and have always stuck with the SPB-1. I don't hear anything from the more expensive Antiquity that would make me change either. Maybe another brand, but I think Duncan got it right the first time.