Why become a member? ×

Bass lines that really flick yer switch!

bottomfeed

[quote name='Bald Eagle' post='32660' date='Jul 16 2007, 07:15 PM']Sorry to disapoint but Love Games does it for me anytime everytime. :)[/quote]

Yup, love that one

I also can't get Ressurection Joe by The Cult out of my head.

Enjoyed learning Far Cry by Rush and I'm currently working on Two Hearts Beat As One by U2

Edited by bass_in_ya_face

A select half dozen:

Give Up The Funk - Parliament (Bootsy Collins)
Hair - Graham Central Station (Larry Graham)
Everything Is Everything - Donny Hathaway (Willie Weeks)
What's Goin' On - Marvin Gaye (James Jamerson)
Havona - Weather Report (Jaco Pastorius)
Exodus - Bob Marley & The Wailers (Family Man Barrett)

Alex

Detroit Rock City - KISS (Gene Simmons)
Queen Of Misery - Toy Matinee (Guy Pratt)
What's This World Comin' To? - Chicago (Peter Cetera)
Sweet Maxine - The Doobie Brothers (Tiran Porter)
Somewhere I've Never Travelled - Ambrosia (Joe Puerta)
Kid Charlemagne - Steely Dan (Chuck Rainey)

and many more.....

Edited by cetera

Everybody here has mentioned some great players/lines jamerson, marcus, willie weeks, entwhistle, flea etc etc but there is one guy for me who is conspicuous by his absence. Jimmy Johnson on anything by James Taylor, any of the sessions he has done with huge artists, his own thing, flim and the bbs not to mention the groundbreaking material with alan holdsworth.
guys, check this man out he is the epitome of taste, time, placement, and choice
Jake
PS
The line that really blows me away that he is on is 'The frozen man' on the James Taylor Pull over tour dvd, The reason? because he plays so little, so well

[quote name='Josh' post='32638' date='Jul 16 2007, 06:30 PM']Skies of the Millenium Night - Sikth[/quote]

Have you worked out the ridiculous tappy widdly bits where it is just drums and bass towards the end? If so, can you either vid yourself playing them or tab them :huh:

Edit - I am not referring to the end bit I already know that :)

Edited by presoulnation

Okaaayyyy

Blur - He Thought Of Cars, Sing (so easy but I love it), Stereotypes, Entertain Me - Alex James is God

Sikth - Scent of the Obscene, Hold My Finger (for that crazy lil lick about 30 seconds in), As The Earth Spins Around (the bass/drum breakdown) - James Leach is Alex James' co-God

Incubus - Speak Free, Are You In, Deep Inside, Battlestar - whatever happened to Dirk?

RHCP - Around The World

Opeth - Leper Affinity

[quote name='presoulnation' post='66365' date='Sep 27 2007, 12:03 PM']Have you worked out the ridiculous tappy widdly bits where it is just drums and bass towards the end? If so, can you either vid yourself playing them or tab them :huh:

Edit - I am not referring to the end bit I already know that :)[/quote]

If I ever get the chance to sit down with a bass set up in the right tuning I might try and figure it out but otherwise all my attention is on figuring out Martinie's lines and Dirk's as well.