Why become a member? ×

What happens when you drink paint and throw up on a stingray 5?

Ewww!!

There again, I think the important line in the description is

Model: StingRay 5
Size: 13-3/8" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 45-3/4" long (34.0 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 116.2 cm long)
[b][color="#FF0000"][size=5]Weight: 10 lbs (4.54 kg) - varies slightly[/size][/color][/b]
Body Wood: Ash

and so on...

Just how does he manage to get the weight of the thing to change??

[quote name='wmsheep' post='315165' date='Oct 26 2008, 04:35 PM']Ewww!!

There again, I think the important line in the description is

Model: StingRay 5
Size: 13-3/8" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 45-3/4" long (34.0 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 116.2 cm long)
[b][color="#FF0000"][size=5]Weight: 10 lbs (4.54 kg) - varies slightly[/size][/color][/b]
Body Wood: Ash

and so on...

Just how does he manage to get the weight of the thing to change??[/quote]
They quote that on the musicman website, not every piece of ash weighs exactly the same :)

[quote name='The Burpster' post='315161' date='Oct 26 2008, 04:30 PM']Wasnt there a thread about this very bass sometime back..... Someone on here had a friend or tutor (somthing like that) that bought a brand new stingray and painted it puke colours

:)[/quote]

that was me! its my old bass teacher's bass. actually a nice bass when you get over the looks. unfortunatly he decided to repaint it before deciding he didn't like it. to be fair it was a boring black with white pickguard before he resprayed it.

and i got the feeling itd be this bass when i saw the thread title lol.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='315171' date='Oct 26 2008, 04:38 PM']My eyebrows did rise slightly when I read in the description that it was a year old.

Surely if someone's going to do something like that, they could buy that £30 Stagg musicman copy that someone was selling and paint away.[/quote]

Haha I've already bought that and plan something very similar.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='315174' date='Oct 26 2008, 04:40 PM']Haha I've already bought that and plan something very similar.[/quote]

well to get it looking like that you just gotta get a load of colours that appear in puke, spray lots of layers and sand away!

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='315174' date='Oct 26 2008, 04:40 PM']Haha I've already bought that and plan something very similar.[/quote]

Please post the pictures when you've done so. When I saw it was £30, I wondered about getting it and doing weird things to it like letting my 9 year old paint it. But I have no car and I'd guess that those tiny quaint looking buses that go to Ruby would take quite some time for a round trip.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='315181' date='Oct 26 2008, 04:46 PM']Please post the pictures when you've done so. When I saw it was £30, I wondered about getting it and doing weird things to it like letting my 9 year old paint it. But I have no car and I'd guess that those tiny quaint looking buses that go to Ruby would take quite some time for a round trip.[/quote]

I will do a thread when it's done I reckon it will take me about a week to do it all.

[quote name='martthebass' post='317907' date='Oct 29 2008, 08:22 PM']Well that's one way of knocking a few hundred quid of value off a perfectly decent bass........[/quote]

he was trying to sell it for over a grand in a local shop a while ago

[quote name='lwtait' post='321196' date='Nov 3 2008, 06:59 PM']he was trying to sell it for over a grand in a local shop a while ago[/quote]

Haha just for that I'm sending him a message.

"Hi there

Can I offer you £500 for this bass?

I think £700 is about the right price for a Stingray in the current climate and a refinish will cost around £200.

Kind regards

Wayne"